OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Just takes me one game to remember why I stopped watching the NBA in the first place...arbitrary application of the rules.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That's what i saw. World class choking by Ant. And why wasn't KAT playing?

That one change in possession near the ned of the game that was overturned on appeal was an absurd situation, as McDaniels was clearly fouled, but THAT can't be reviewed - most games I'd say suck it up, but that was a critical call in a one point game.

Last edited:

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
That's what i saw. World class choking by Ant. And why wasn't KAT playing?

That one change in possession near the ned of the game that was overturned on appeal was an absurd situation, as McDaniels was clearly fouled, but THAT can't be reviewed - most games I'd say suck it up, but that was a critical call in a one point game.
What’s critical is being up by 2 with 14 seconds left. You have the ball in your hands and you pick up your dribble , start pivoting around like a 10th grader panicking in his first high school game and toss the ball away with 5 seconds left on the shot clock. It was the most egregious abysmal single play failure I’ve seen in MN postseason history since Gary Anderson did us dirty. Just absolutely inexcusable.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What’s critical is being up by 2 with 14 seconds left. You have the ball in your hands and you pick up your dribble , start pivoting around like a 10th grader panicking in his first high school game and toss the ball away with 5 seconds left on the shot clock. It was the most egregious abysmal single play failure I’ve seen in MN postseason history since Gary Anderson did us dirty. Just absolutely inexcusable.
Didn't he also have the possession the before that, and make a poor play? Hard for to get too mad at a 22 yo who has already helped win two playoff series, though. This is by far the best Wolves team I've seen, and there is all sorts of hope for the future.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
On another forum there's a thread about which north American market has suffered the most. And while I am biased, I do think it's MN. I think the consensus there trends towards MN, w Cleveland in the running as well.

I think the Wolves are a big part of that. They have to be maybe the worst run NBA franchise of the last 30 yrs.

If not for the Twins a generation ago, this market would literally have nada.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Didn't he also have the possession the before that, and make a poor play? Hard for to get too mad at a 22 yo who has already helped win two playoff series, though. This is by far the best Wolves team I've seen, and there is all sorts of hope for the future.
I wanted the ball in Mike Connellys hands for that last possession, Edwards is horrible with the clock winding down.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
KAT can't be invisible, again. What's he making 55M/year? Wow....ridiculous.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
1717131738836.png

1717131787760.png

We need to trade him away ASAP

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The time to trade him was before the draft, so we could've taken one of the many nice receivers available.

Wolves better wake the f*** up, this is terribad
They just ran out of gas. Hope both the players and coaches learned from it... they seemed to run out of ideas. I think they did great job overall. Winning two series is huge for them, and such a change from the normal Wolves way of doing things.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
The time to trade him was before the draft, so we could've taken one of the many nice receivers available.

They just ran out of gas. Hope both the players and coaches learned from it... they seemed to run out of ideas. I think they did great job overall. Winning two series is huge for them, and such a change from the normal Wolves way of doing things.
Oh I agree. Was a great season and getting as far as they did was awesome ... it just sucked so hard watching the performance last night. I'm excited that I can be excited for basketball again!

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Yes, I too dislike having great players play for our teams.

I'd have no problem running the Wolves back. Bank on Edwards being better, possibly McDaniels too, and everything else staying status quo. Not sure what the contract/cap situations are though.
I’d trade KAT for picks or something, promote Reid.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
We're likely talking about $40-45m
$40 million would be a 25% increase over the current highest paid receiver. $45 million would be a 40% increase. I don't find that range to be realistic.

Give him 4 x $35M per year (~10% more than the current #1, AJ Brown) and ~90% guaranteed (up from AJ Brown's 87.5%).

Now is the time that you can pay him more than what you'd otherwise prefer, while McCarthy is on his rookie deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sad People

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It was kinda funny when the purple daily guys talked about how the packers are screwed because they have to pay Jordan Love and they got no value out of his rookie contract, whilst at the same time ignoring they have a receiving core of Watson (2.5), Musgrave (1.9), Reed (1.65), Kraft (1.26), Doubs (1.16), Wicks (.991), etc and the vikings are gonna pay Jefferson somewhere around $35-40M per year (likely mostly guaranteed).

It’s almost like it’s a cycle. You have a rookie contract QB, you can pay high end receivers. You have rookie contract receivers/tight ends, you can pay high end QBs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad