Music: Non-English music appreciation thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Over a decade ago before I joined HFBoards, my gateway to Mexican ballads was this one Mexican banda called Los Tucanes de Tijuana (The Toucans of Tijuana).

As a sampler, I'm posting up one of their songs called Mis Tres Viejas (My Three Ladies).

This song introduced me to Mexican ballads altogether.

How about you guys? Kindly introduce me to non-English artists you know.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
French Canadian music is great, it sucks that most of the ROC and the USA can't enjoy it.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
In the last few years, I've taken a liking to Les Cowboys Fringants. Think of it as Northern Rock (as opposed to and alike Southern Rock) in French. Or Captain Tractor/The Pogues/Dropkick Murphys in French.

Favourites:

Break syndicale
Le gars d'la compagnie

I was a huge fan of theirs until La grand messe in 2005. After that their music grew and they targeted a larger audience which made me lose complete interest.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
(Germany) Peter Fox - Schwarz Zu Blau (Solo album from Seeed's Lead singer)

(Mali) Amadou et Mariam - La réalité (ft. Manu Chao (music) and Vincent Cassel (video))

(Canada) Souljazz Orchestra - Ya Basta

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Oldies but goodies

(France)

(Italy) Please ignore the video, for some reason people in my country feel the need to make these crappy slideshow videos for every damn song. :facepalm:

(Italy) Classic Italian southern folk music, this is one of my favourites, Gargano dialect.

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
kihei, believe it or not, my gateway to Portuguese-language music altogether is this one number by Cidinho & Doca called Rap Das Armas.

Good a place to start as any.

This one takes about a minute and a half to get going but it might be down your alley, too:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad