Speculation: Nolan firing entire coaching staff?

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Anyone but Boughner. Please.

And Peca. After listening to him make the rounds when LaFontaine was signed that it's cool in Buffalo to suck if you 'work hard'. No. No. NO.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
im 28, i used to play with a kid whose dad was a strength and conditioning coach in the NHL, i think his name was chris, we only played together 1 season so we never really had a reason to stay in touch

that would be him.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Added some more from Craig Ramsay and down the list.

Coaches
Tom Coolen
Don Lever
Daniel Lacroix (currently with NYR)
Jay McKee
John Chabot
Kevin McCarthy
Danny Flynn
Jim Schoenfeld
Randy Cunneyworth
Derek Plante
Brad May
Mike Peca
Moe Mantha
Andrew Cassels
Bob Boughner
Steve Weeks (currently with CHI as a goalie coach, was an assistant with Atlanta)
Craig Ramsay
Brent Hughes
Charlie Huddy (currently with WPG but Maurice might bring in his own assistants)
Doug Houda (currently with Boston)
Danny Gare
Wayne Gretzky
Terry Ruskowski
Doug Shedden
Craig Simpson
Randy Hillier

Goalie Coaches
Artus Irbe
Mitch Korn (currently with NSH)
Gilles Lefebvre
Martin Biron (played for him and is doing harbor stuff but has never coached)

I'd add Dave Prior to that list. Oates fired him. He has worked with Neuvirth, Holtby, Varlamov, Grubauer.

Dave Prior, who had worked with the Capitals either as a goaltending coach, scout or adviser since 1997 and helped draft Varlamov, Neuvirth, Holtby and Grubauer, was fired in August 2013 when he refused to endorse and implement changes to the style of play Oates wanted.

“Adam did not agree with how I coach, both in my methods and the content of what I coached,†Prior said from his home in Ontario. “My inflexibility was perceived as ignorance or stubbornness, but I perceive it as a much deeper knowledge of the position. . . . I have no regrets. I would do the same thing again because I stand up for what I believe in. I would gladly defend a goaltender and what I believe is the toughest way to play goal and lose my job over it than to pour gas on them or give them what I believe is bad advice.â€

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...c8ede6-c0f5-11e3-b195-dd0c1174052c_story.html

SiDC1

Dec 3, 2011
Northern Va

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad