Rumor: Noah Hanifin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
if i'm Edvinsson and the Wings bring in yet another guy in front of me i'm probably just outright demanding a trade at that point

Reactions: norrisnick

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Ok. and if we dealt for Hanifin, we'd have either a very good defense or a superb trade asset (be it Walman instead of paying him a premium to stick around, Seider if he wants insane money, or Edvinsson if he just keeps getting hurt.

The fear some people have for having too many good players is a strange one.

Good players at positions of value can be leveraged. It's better to have more sure things than less. But we're not even there yet. Edvinsson can't be "blocked" if he just performs and forces the issue.

if i'm Edvinsson and the Wings bring in yet another guy in front of me i'm probably just outright demanding a trade at that point

If that's his attitude, then let the bidding begin. Mo Seider got ice time because he forced the issue.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
But HeDmaN aNd McDoNagH aRe BloCkiNg SerGaCheV

Sergachev played every game in Tampa from day 1 when they traded for him at the start of his D+2

Edvinsson is already stuck in the AHL as it is in his D+3 even without Hanifin

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Unless Yzerman has a plan in place with Ed(another deal) I don't see how he gets Hanifin without a vet D going back the other way. Don't think we have vet D that would intice Calgary except for Walman. Don't like that idea.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
at the same time, he would need to out compete Chiarot, holl, petry, and/or maatta. If edvinsson cannot take a spot from any of these guys, we should trade him immediately.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Sergachev played every game in Tampa from day 1 when they traded for him at the start of his D+2

Walman is the only guy on the left side currently who has a possible long-term future with the Wings. And he's easily moved down the lineup.

You get Hanifin or someone like him and suddenly Walman has the potential to be your worst option on the left side. Why are we scared of this outcome?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Walman is the only guy on the left side currently who has a possible long-term future with the Wings. And he's easily moved down the lineup.

You get Hanifin or someone like him and suddenly Walman has the potential to be your worst option on the left side. Why are we scared of this outcome?
Because Walman's cely is elite. Hanifin doesn't do shit when he scores.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
at the same time, he would need to out compete Chiarot, holl, petry, and/or maatta. If edvinsson cannot take a spot from any of these guys, we should trade him immediately.
How many preseasons does he have to outplay them? 3-4? The answer is certainly not two.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Look, just hold everything steady, no crazy moves yet. Just wait for Ed. Keep the path clear, let Ed move up to #1 dman on the Wings, no blockies, and then.... and then we can talk about filling in guys behind him in the lineup. Don't try to improve the team until Ed has his rightful place at the table. Top players don't get to where they are by outperforming inferior players, psshhhh.

#noblockies

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Look, just hold everything steady, no crazy moves yet. Just wait for Ed. Keep the path clear, let Ed move up to #1 dman on the Wings, no blockies, and then.... and then we can talk about filling in guys behind him in the lineup. Don't try to improve the team until Ed has his rightful place at the table. Top players don't get to where they are by outperforming inferior players, psshhhh.

#noblockies
#noblockies

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

#noblockies
I'm amused that you think this is sarcasm. Less amused because it is apparently SOP for the Wings' blueline.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

#noblockies
Ed's actually already the best defenseman in the system, Yzerman and Lalonde just don't know it.

Reactions: jaster

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Ed's actually already the best defenseman in the system, Yzerman and Lalonde just don't know it.
Exactly, he is already #1, so we if we stealthily put him on the 3rd pairing behind walman and hanifin, the other teams will have no idea what to do.

It's called a mindfuc* and we can really have some fun with this!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
He's a hell of a lot closer to being the best than he is to being #8.

He's 20, dude. The list of 20-year-old defenders that come in and can demand top 4 minutes is very small. They want him playing a lot, especially coming off injury. Like he's doing in Grand Rapids.

From the 2021 draft class, there's only 3 defenders in the NHL right now. Luke Hughes, Owen Power, and JJ Moser (17 minutes a night on tanking Arizona, but we'll count it).

You act like what the Wings are doing here is completely out of line with the rest of the league. It's not. There are 5 other first round defensemen taken the 2021 draft not currently in the NHL. He's part of their long-term plans so you can relax a bit. It will happen. We're going to see hundreds of Edvinsson games in our lifetime.

Reactions: kliq

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He's 20, dude. The list of 20-year-old defenders that come in and can demand top 4 minutes is very small. They want him playing a lot, especially coming off injury. Like he's doing in Grand Rapids.

From the 2021 draft class, there's only 3 defenders in the NHL right now. Luke Hughes, Owen Power, and JJ Moser (17 minutes a night on tanking Arizona, but we'll count it).

You act like what the Wings are doing here is completely out of line with the rest of the league. It's not. There are 5 other first round defensemen taken the 2021 draft not currently in the NHL. He's part of their long-term plans so you can relax a bit. It will happen. We're going to see hundreds of Edvinsson games in our lifetime.
I don't give two shits what other teams are doing. We are icing trash right now on a nightly basis. There is a ton of icetime available in Detroit to keep his minutes up.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don't give two shits what other teams are doing. We are icing trash right now on a nightly basis. There is a ton of icetime available in Detroit to keep his minutes up.

Alrighty then. I look forward to you injecting it into conversation here daily. The way I look forward to paying taxes, cleaning the toilet, and picking up my dog's shits on a walk. It's part of life and I've accepted it.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Alrighty then. I look forward to you injecting it into conversation here daily. The way I look forward to paying taxes, cleaning the toilet, and picking up my dog's shits on a walk. It's part of life and I've accepted it.
As I look forward to the shifts of Chiarot, Ghost, Maatta, Petry, and Holl.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
As I look forward to the shifts of Chiarot, Ghost, Maatta, Petry, and Holl.

One of these things you have control over. Even if you convince everywhere here on the internet Edvinsson should be getting those minutes...

Sometimes you act like you're petitioning the front office. We're all just goobers like you. We can't do shit about it, so just enjoy the ride.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023

Bad faith. You still cannot take COVID time development to be remotely like pre-Covid stuff. Guys were shunted off to wherever would play them. And isn’t Edvinsson like 20 + coming off a couple injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad