No Team has won the Stanley Cup with a player on the Roster making more than 10+ mil AAV in the lineup.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
10mil seems to be the marker.

Highest AAV when they won the cup:

Eichel 10 mil
Barkov 10 mil
Bobrovsky 10 mil

Kuch 9.5mil
Malkin 9.5 mil
Vasy 9.5 mil
Stone 9.5 mil
Reminds me of the no team has won the cup with a 9+M goalie and then we got one winning or making the finals like every year.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What this basically means is that you can't really criticize contracts. A lot of things have to go your way to win the Cup anyway, and production out of any cap hit is just one variable. GMs are there to acquire talent, and have to work with what the market is. If a bad contract has to take 5 years to pay off, so be it.

Looking forward to no crying or laughing over any contracts handed out this summer. We live in a world where a nobody waiver wire pickup can end up as the best defenseman on a team during a Cup run. A team also with a $10m cap hit/35 year old goalie.

Take any rules of roster building, and put them to the side. The reality seems to tend more toward, GMs are throwing whatever they can at the wall to see if it sticks. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt.

Reactions: I am not exposed

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Oilers nearly won a cup while paying 9.25 mil per to their 5th best defenseman. Paying an actual elite player 10 million i dont think is actually a hinderance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad