No Team has won the Stanley Cup with a player on the Roster making more than 10+ mil AAV in the lineup.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
How many over $10M team season exist ?

many cups were won with players making an higher percentage of the cap than that, which I imagine is the more relevant metric here.

10.0 of 92 millions cap space that like 6.2 millions in 2009 when the penguins won the cup when Crosby must have been $8.7m by then.

Last edited:

UED

May 2, 2021
We the Habs will take McDavid off your hands since he's the reason you can't win a cup. Obviously we can't win either with someone making over 10M but we don't need any more cups, we need a superstar.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yeah but it didnt go the other way which just proves the point
no it really doesn, even the whole no team can win with a 10m player only didnt happen sooner because there just arent that many 10m players in the league. it should have never been a thing. we currently only have 10 players making more than 10m and only one team wins every year. the overall number of players making over 10m is going to increase soon, teams will win with one of these players. there's no perfect way to build a team. a team with zero defense can even win by getting hot at the right time.
before you know it your going to making a thread about how no team can win a 11m player, then 11.5m player then 12m
it doesnt matter how much one of these players make.

Toronto hasn't sniffed even the conference finals in 20+ years. Keep day dreaming kid.
23 years I think :(

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Florida though balanced has some pretty hefty contracts. No often you see a team win the cup with a 10M dollar goalie.

Bob - $10M
Barkov - $10M
Tkachuk - $9.5M

If Reinhart re-signs, rumour is he is in the $10-11M range.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's just a stat with no meaning really. I think the point you are trying to make is that guys who eat too much cap won't be on winning teams but if we want to compare apples to apples, we should look at cap hit as a percentage of the overall salary cap for the given year.

Even that is an imprecise measure though because I suspect that teams gave players larger contracts earlier in the cap era fully expecting significant year over year salary cap increases, which was not a stretch given that the cap era began with a modest 39 million dollar limit.

Reactions: Oneiro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad