No supp. discipline for Gudbranson for hit !!

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Bueno. Hopefully match penalty gets rescinded as it would be an auto 1 game if it isn't.

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
Nice.

Yeah I just couldn't see why people were calling ELBOW on that hit, yes I'm biased but that doesn't mean I'm blind. I just can't understand why people were calling elbowing on that hit.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Nice.

Yeah I just couldn't see why people were calling ELBOW on that hit, yes I'm biased but that doesn't mean I'm blind. I just can't understand why people were calling elbowing on that hit.

Yeah, the people on the main forum who are saying that he elbowed Fehr in the head are seriously blind! The elbow never touches Fehr's face, and its so clear in the GIFs. I think people are arguing it just to troll, because there is no other explanation.

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
Yeah, the people on the main forum who are saying that he elbowed Fehr in the head are seriously blind! The elbow never touches Fehr's face, and its so clear in the GIFs. I think people are arguing it just to troll, because there is no other explanation.

Don't know if you saw the Caps announcers going at it last night - "CLEAR ELBOW AND SHOULDER TO THE FACE". Even after review. Stunning.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Don't know if you saw the Caps announcers going at it last night - "CLEAR ELBOW AND SHOULDER TO THE FACE". Even after review. Stunning.

however bad goldie/lindsay are, atleast they don't take shots at this franchise like every other teams commentators

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
NOTHING was wrong with that hit. The WSH player made a conscience decision to GLUE his eyeballs to the puck and when you do that; you might get LIT up. Gudbranson put his shoulder into the guy's chest. Not Guddy's problem the guy decided to look down at the puck. I was absolutely IRATE when they gave Guddy a game. ATROCIOUS decision. Do they wanna take clean hits out of the game? What are they telling the kids out there?

"Hey kids, listen, keep your head down, stare at the puck as often as possible and you might draw a nice 5 minute 4-on-4 power-play for your team. Take the fall, act hurt, get indicted!!"

What an absolute joke last night. A complete f***ing joke.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
If he isn't suspended than it was a clean hit because they saw no shot to the head. The refs who made that call should get reprimanded in my opinion as this was a huge call and we almost lost this game because of it. The NHL should let the refs look to replay in such a play like that because that was a brutal call and we were completely dominating and we almost lost this game due to that call. If Washington would have scored 3 goals there I think this would have been a big controversy.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
Washington's colour guy probably has the most annoying voice in broadcasting.....no idea how caps fans can listen to that idiot all year long lol, and yeah huge homers too.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I've had it with those two bozo's, they've just transformed into complete homers. They need to go.
I noticed this as well, the last 2 years they've really amped it up when there's been no good reason to do so.
Washington's colour guy probably has the most annoying voice in broadcasting.....no idea how caps fans can listen to that idiot all year long lol, and yeah huge homers too.

I also dislike the colour guy, but Joe Beninati is one of the better pbp guys around imo (way better than Emerick on NBC)

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I didn't watch the game so all I could see was the replay of the hit. Looked clean but it also looked like he went out of his way to hit Fehr. Was fehr throwing his weight around or jawing at our guys before the hit or was it Guds just being physical? Looked like some on ice justice being dealt out to me.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
If he isn't suspended than it was a clean hit because they saw no shot to the head. The refs who made that call should get reprimanded in my opinion as this was a huge call and we almost lost this game because of it. The NHL should let the refs look to replay in such a play like that because that was a brutal call and we were completely dominating and we almost lost this game due to that call. If Washington would have scored 3 goals there I think this would have been a big controversy.

They should be able to do video review in game on match penalties like that. If you see a play at full speed it looks like a cheap head shot but when you see the replay you realize it's just a big hit.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
A match penalty usually means deliberate, and I saw no such thing from Gudbranson. He is a physical Dman, so what do you expect him to do. I think it was ridiculous that he received a match penalty for a clean hit.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
A match penalty usually means deliberate, and I saw no such thing from Gudbranson. He is a physical Dman, so what do you expect him to do. I think it was ridiculous that he received a match penalty for a clean hit.

Sick and tired of the refs bailing out guys who play with the heads down.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I didn't watch the game so all I could see was the replay of the hit. Looked clean but it also looked like he went out of his way to hit Fehr. Was fehr throwing his weight around or jawing at our guys before the hit or was it Guds just being physical? Looked like some on ice justice being dealt out to me.

Nope, just Guds being physical.

-ghoste

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
I've had it with those two bozo's, they've just transformed into complete homers. They need to go.

Never understood the animosity these two get around here. I find them entertaining to listen to each night. Lindsay in particular with his quips and spontaneous odd sayings.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
NOTHING was wrong with that hit. The WSH player made a conscience decision to GLUE his eyeballs to the puck and when you do that; you might get LIT up.

Do they wanna take clean hits out of the game? What are they telling the kids out there?

"Hey kids, listen, keep your head down, stare at the puck as often as possible and you might draw a nice 5 minute 4-on-4 power-play for your team. Take the fall, act hurt, get indicted!!"

What an absolute joke last night. A complete f***ing joke.

This should be the point hockey fans adopt. It's what makes hockey different and beautiful.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl

The guy who squeals in buffalo has always been the one that kills me inside.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Never understood the animosity these two get around here. I find them entertaining to listen to each night. Lindsay in particular with his quips and spontaneous odd sayings.
I did find them funny, but they have become more biased recently, I suspect management may have talked to them.

The guy who squeals in buffalo has always been the one that kills me inside.

Rick Jeanerette's a legend though and he's retiring after the 2016 season anyways.

Yes, I know too many facts about all aspects of hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes