No Cinderella teams this year

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
The Canucks, even though they won the division, they are massive underdogs.

Almost everybody picked Oilers to win
Oilers were only favored after a poor showing in round 1 for the Nucks. They've limped since the deadline, but before that were clearly the better team.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
PDO Kings !!

It's weird how many times I've heard or read PDO this year. Honestly I don't recall really hearing PDO much more then a handful of times ever before this season.
When Boston has a white hot PDO, we see threads like "why is Boston such a good organization ?"

Reactions: Killer Orcas

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What would you even have qualified as a cinderella run this year ? Isles and Caps i guess ?

Maybe Leafs i guess because nobody ever expects them to do anything since they never do ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Macheteops

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
5 teams left, and all of them were good regular season teams. If Vancouver beats Edmonton, both conference finals will have divison winners facing each other. And the second round already had 7 out of 8 teams that were 1st or 2nd in their conference, only exception being Colorado over Winnipeg.

When was the last time there were so few surprises, based on regular season standings?
also interesting question: if ny and dallas both get through when was the last time the #1 and #2 teams actually met in the finals?

Reactions: Kahvi

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Leafs fans would disagree.

Yeah but hardcore fans opinions don't count on this . Leafs lost in the early rounds far too often to not consider it an upset if they suddenly had a long run.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
What you even have qualified as a cinderella run this year ? Isles and Caps i guess ?

Maybe Leafs i guess because nobody ever expects them to do anything since they never do ?
Personally, Cindarella run is a team that barely makes the playoffs, maybe because of a late season hot run, and then wins at least two rounds. Not sure if there was any potential cindarella teams this year.

And maybe I shouldn't have used that word at all, I just noticed that the higher seed team has won almost every series this year.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Yes, I know. If I'm correct, 7/8 higher seed teams won in the first round. If Canucks win, it's 4/4 higher seeds that won second round. I'm just asking how ofter this happens.
Not very often, I don't recall the last time this happened. Hopefully by to fight it will be 4/4. Thank you Calgary for Z and Lindy

Reactions: Kahvi

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Good, every year should be different, I don't want to read the same book every year.

Reactions: Fatass

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Personally, Cindarella run is a team that barely makes the playoffs, maybe because of a late season hot run, and then wins at least two rounds. Not sure if there was any potential cindarella teams this year.

And maybe I shouldn't have used that word at all, I just noticed that the higher seed team has won almost every series this year.

Not a single team moved up in the draft lottery this year either. Dunno . Seems a like no upsets no suprises season this time around

Reactions: Fatass

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
What would you even have qualified as a cinderella run this year ? Isles and Caps i guess ?

Maybe Nashville in the West??? The lowest seeded team was Vegas, and nobody was going to consider them a cinderella team. With how good Nashville was post all star break, I don't think the West had a single team i'd consider Cinderella eligible lol.

Reactions: Macheteops

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
IF the Canucks advance, that’s a Cinderella story for a team with such a quick turn around

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Jim Benning & Bruce Boudreau: It was all us!
I don’t blame BB at all, he’s always been a middling coach who’s struggled to elevate his teams.

Benning on the other hand…..complete idiot

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
canucks fans try to make everything about themselves eh
Lmao you crack me up, the thread asked for cindarella team, and lots of people think canucks are that team.

They are rocking a third string rookie goalie for the entire playoffs basically🤣

You can disagree that’s fine, there’s no problem with that lol

• Haha
Reactions: Satan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad