Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] F Nolan Foote re-signs with the Devils (1 year, $825k, two-way)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Barring injury, I don't know if Foote will make the top 12 for opening night but should have the inside track to one of the 14 forward spots. I suppose it's not inconceivable that Nathan Bastian got bumped, but he's a better fit for 4RW who kills penalties which I don't think Foote or any of the new acquisitions have a history of doing.

LW: Meier-Tatar-Palat-Cotter-MacDermid-Foote
C: Hughes-Hischier-Haula-Lazar
RW: Bratt-Mercer-Noesen-Bastian

I wouldn't be shocked if the Devils signed a veteran healthy scratch center (ie, this year's version of Chris Tierney) which could put Foote in danger of being placed on waivers before the season starts.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Barring injury, I don't know if Foote will make the top 12 for opening night but should have the inside track to one of the 14 forward spots. I suppose it's not inconceivable that Nathan Bastian got bumped, but he's a better fit for 4RW who kills penalties which I don't think Foote or any of the new acquisitions have a history of doing.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Devils signed a veteran healthy scratch center (ie, this year's version of Chris Tierney) which could put Foote in danger of being placed on waivers before the season starts.
Foote needs to start by showing up healthy and staying healthy. That hasn't been easy for him thus far.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Foote needs to start by showing up healthy and staying healthy. That hasn't been easy for him thus far.

Hard to see him cracking the NHL lineup with the return of Tatar and Noesen plus the additions of Cotter and to a lesser extent Beckman.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Hard to see him cracking the NHL lineup with the return of Tatar and Noesen plus the additions of Cotter and to a lesser extent Beckman.
Maybe but at the very least he needs to give himself a chance which won’t happen if he’s on the injury list. I’m skeptical he can carve out a role for himself but I’d like to see him be given a full and fair opportunity.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

I would have liked to have grabbed a PKing bottom 6er tbh.

Although tbf my target was Trenin and he was a bit too high priced to buy (I still think he's worth that for a 15 minute a night excellent PK guy and strong defensive player)

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Foote is actually a pretty decent player. Problem is he's had a lingering shoulder injury for the last few years that's caused him to miss major time and really impacted his effectiveness when he was playing.

If he stays healthy I think he can stick to the roster and force a guy like Bastian out of the lineup. He has a nice mix of size, speed, grit, and offensive skill that should make him a very effective bottom-6 pest.

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
1723739642810.png

My3Sons

Sponsor
Foote is actually a pretty decent player. Problem is he's had a lingering shoulder injury for the last few years that's caused him to miss major time and really impacted his effectiveness when he was playing.

If he stays healthy I think he can stick to the roster and force a guy like Bastian out of the lineup. He has a nice mix of size, speed, grit, and offensive skill that should make him a very effective bottom-6 pest.
I thought last season it was his lower back that was hurt?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I thought last season it was his lower back that was hurt?
You're right, I misremembered.

One of the biggest mysteries this season was whatever happened to Nolan Foote. At the end of the 2022-23 season, Foote seemingly made a case for himself as a bottom-six forward for New Jersey.

Foote was injured in the preseason and began the year on season-opening injured reserve, and stayed there through March 11th. Even after he was activated, Foote became re-injured before even stepping foot into a game.

The Devils forward finally revealed the specifics of his injury.

“You guys obviously haven’t known all year. It’s kind of been lingering for four years. It happened a while ago, just a lower-back injury disc issue,” Foote explained.

“It sucked, that it’s been going on that long. And, you know, I might have it for a long time. So, it might linger but, you know, I feel good right now and just [hope to] continue to maintain that.”

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3