Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

13th Byfield
16th Kempe

Byfield is a lot better than people think already, and was a huge reason why the top line worked. They'll take a major step back without him.

The nobody's on you tube are talking about Byfield and hardly mentioned Kempe on the ones I saw.

Everyone knows the Kings plight is substantially influenced by his performance.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
this is going to be one of those rare years I will enjoy watching the Kings crater. I want it in the worst way. The King is dead.
Ya, Its still basically the same rotting Frankensteinen corpse. What we have that will improve entertainment over last season are 3 guys that can bang, and 1 bonafide fighter. Add in they most likely will finally let Clarke make an imprint and ridded themselves of 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream (JAD and Grund) and you have some spots that will go to Turc and Thomas unless they f it up and sign a bum or bums (totally within the realm of Bluc possibilities). They actually could change to a forechecking approach w those personnel and bury the loathsome 1-3-1... My hope is they end up sellers at the deadline and get some picks for the next regime.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Dude seems washed out nowadays, but his style of game is actually well suited for Kopitar's left side.
He will look absolutely spectacular.
His 4 goals added to Kopitars 26 will make for 30 goals.
At least they combine for 72 years of age, but hey, things work different here in L.A.
Other teams have their top players scoring more goals than their age

killermiller

Kings Fan
Feb 7, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
People are expecting us to crash and burn are forgetting that we started last season off really well with that road game winning streak, that was without Arvidsson and PLD taking up a roster spot not doing much.

I can't see a world where we regress much, if at all. Bottom 6 should be better, top 6 should the same, maybe even a bit better if Byfield makes a big step in his development.

Defense is about the same, Roy was good but Spence and Clarke should be able to fill in that hole.

Goaltending is the biggest question mark, but then again we made Talbot into an all star so I have faith Kuemper should be fine, and will be an upgrade for the playoffs.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
People are expecting us to crash and burn are forgetting that we started last season off really well with that road game winning streak, that was without Arvidsson and PLD taking up a roster spot not doing much.
My theory:

Headed into last season the Kings had been playing Todd's system for years. I think this gave them an advantage early in the season.

Under the current CBA coaches don't get as much practice time with the team as they used to. So if your team comes out of the gate locked into a system they're familiar with, you might have a leg up.

As the year goes on that advantage starts to fade as other teams get dialed in.

Take last years Oilers for example. They decided to change the system in the offseason. They were a disaster early in the season but figured it out as the year went on.

I wouldn't expect last seasons early success to be replicable. No idea what Hiller is going to do.

Top 6 should the same, maybe even a bit better if Byfield makes a big step in his development.
I think the Kopitar line falls off a cliff without QB. That's going to be a problem IMO.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think the Kopitar line falls off a cliff without QB. That's going to be a problem IMO.

100%

I've been one of his biggest advocates for years but it was clear at the end of last year that Kopitar is firmly in 2C at this stage of his career

I give it 20 games before they put Byfield right back next to him to save him

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
The NHL is unpredictable.

I could see a scenario where the Kings are very good. But I could also see a scenario where it all falls apart.

I suspect they'll probably land somewhere in the middle.

Wow Nostradamus like.

Please don't hedge your positions.

:clap:
My theory:

Headed into last season the Kings had been playing Todd's system for years. I think this gave them an advantage early in the season.

Under the current CBA coaches don't get as much practice time with the team as they used to. So if your team comes out of the gate locked into a system they're familiar with, you might have a leg up.

As the year goes on that advantage starts to fade as other teams get dialed in.

Take last years Oilers for example. They decided to change the system in the offseason. They were a disaster early in the season but figured it out as the year went on.

I wouldn't expect last seasons early success to be replicable. No idea what Hiller is going to do.

OK you regained form quickly.

Very good theory.

If it spirals the Kings could be lost in space.

It's almost a forced transition year for Commander Robert Bowlby Blake.

He may be at the agency shrink trying to get over his young player phobias and the paranoia of having his career simultaneously on the line for this mission

I still want to see Jeannot space suited up with Kopi and Kempe.

Calling Kopitar out as downtrodden has been a disrespectrul multiple season and multiple times a season aborted launch.

But a broken countdown timer is eventually correct for a minute.

I don't think he is at his best in the playoff booster drop orbit but he digs in and continues on a reasonable trajectory.

Former KASA Mission Chief TMAC gave him way too big of a payload with way too many minutes and shifts, unwilling to risk falling out of the playoffs as

it's the yearly moon mission.

The Cup is still a planet away and way and we don't have the rockets and defensive shell to get there.

I still don't wanna start gaze a Columbus.

Anything can happen in this Space Shuttle of a season as you so uneloquently launch padded it.

I will tune out a bit if it does, the space cadets here would be moon walking on a happy bender here, talking over ground control.

I would shift my telescope to another galaxy far far away.

Yes as I said repeatedly, the best Kings team would have QB and K Fi click so well they become the number one line cosmonauts.

Maybe even add Kempe up top with them in the cockpit.

Kopitar and whoever L2 and Dault and leftover pieces L3, riding in the aft.

Still need the meteorite deflecting outer shell of a L4 that is good defensively, good defenseman and goaltending.

This likely would take more than a season, Houston we may have a problem.

A lot of predictions have the Kings falling out of playoffs like an earthbound meteorite flaming out in the upper atmosphere.

The cosmos will have to align with some chemistry, young player growth and veteran resurgence, especially in the net!

Ouch my finger is cramping , again, he said looking out at the peanNUT galleria, which I know now like a memorized map of the orbiting plaNUTS featuring

the smoke coming out of their diatribe spitting volcanoes.

:box:

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
100%

I've been one of his biggest advocates for years but it was clear at the end of last year that Kopitar is firmly in 2C at this stage of his career

I give it 20 games before they put Byfield right back next to him to save him
First game of the season where the Kings are trailing late you'll see him back on Kopitar's wing.

I think they're going to use him like Draisaitl.

I worry because I think QB is the type of guy who takes time to adjust to a new role, and the Kings won't have patience.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kopitar also had a career high 19.5 S% last year. That's going to come down regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad