Confirmed Trade: [NJD/MIN] Graeme Clarke for Adam Beckman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think you are mostly accurate here, but just to maybe moderate expectations, from the Wild’s side, this was actually reported as the first official move for Matt Hendricks, the Iowa Wild GM. The implication being that he is expected to be in the AHL fold at least initially.

Having said that, roster spots are in no way set in stone, the depth at forward last year was weak even before the deadline sell off. He is competing against younger rookies for the most part on the final roster, and should be in a good battle for call ups. Finishing talent and right hand shots are a huge need for this team, so he does fill a major hole if he can show well and may get more leeway with this team than many others. It is a good spot for him to get a fair shake, but in no way does he seem like a set roster player for the big club at this point in my eyes.
100%. He might be one of the first to get an injury call up, depending on who is injured, but I don't think that Clarke is going to make the team over Khusnutdinov or Ohgren, and Bankier and especially Milne be his competition for callups. The latter two offer things he doesn't like Center play, and speedy two way play.

If Clarke gets called up and goes on a scoring binge then they'll make room for him, otherwise they are looking for grit, speed, and defensive responsibility in the bottom half of the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad