Confirmed Trade: [NJD/MIN] Graeme Clarke for Adam Beckman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The Devils were quite high on Clarke before injuries derailed his development. He missed almost his entire D+1 season to a shoulder injury. By the time he got back into the lineup he had already been leapfrogged by other forward prospects like Mercer, Zetterlund, and Holtz.

He's had two really good seasons in Utica, but with NJ's forward depth it's pretty clear there's no path for him to make the NHL roster. He failed to impress with his NHL callups this year.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
The Devils were quite high on Clarke before injuries derailed his development. He missed almost his entire D+1 season to a shoulder injury. By the time he got back into the lineup he had already been leapfrogged by other forward prospects like Mercer, Zetterlund, and Holtz.

He's had two really good seasons in Utica, but with NJ's forward depth it's pretty clear there's no path for him to make the NHL roster. He failed to impress with his NHL callups this year.
His path to the show would have probably come from an alex holtz trade.

This means holtz almost certainly stays.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Anything Devils fans should know about Beckman, or is he essentially an AHL guy? See he's had a few cups of coffee in the show.
Likable player. Works hard and has a good shot that he uses quite a bit. Not a great skater and has struggled to put that shot to use against NHL defense. Prolific WHL scorer

Reactions: Better Call Sal

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Anything Devils fans should know about Beckman, or is he essentially an AHL guy? See he's had a few cups of coffee in the show.
Beckman was known for his shot in juniors, hasn’t materialized in the NHL or even really the AHL. NHL pace is too fast for him, they’ve been trying to convert him into more of a role player in the depth part of the lineup but other guys are just better at that. I think he’s probably a career AHLer. Alleged to be a terrific locker room guy though so there is that.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The coffee was a little too hot for him. I think he'll be a pretty good AHL scorer for a good long time, but he either needs to increase his processing speed or his skating speed. He's had occasional decent games in the NHL, but usually is invisible.

He was notable for having a good shot in juniors, but his shot is merely above average for the NHL, and his release is too slow to fool NHL goalies. Couple that with not being able to get into a great position to use it and a lack of physicality, and he's just not it. I'm hoping he put together a really great summer, comes in 20lbs heavier and faster, and makes the Wild look dumb.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
The coffee was a little too hot for him. I think he'll be a pretty good AHL scorer for a good long time, but he either needs to increase his processing speed or his skating speed. He's had occasional decent games in the NHL, but usually is invisible.

He was notable for having a good shot in juniors, but his shot is merely above average for the NHL, and his release is too slow to fool NHL goalies. Couple that with not being able to get into a great position to use it and a lack of physicality, and he's just not it. I'm hoping he put together a really great summer, comes in 20lbs heavier and faster, and makes the Wild look dumb.
If he wants a solid chance in NJ he will have to bulk up just a bit and be willing to use his size some; we arent acquiring him to transform into Claude Lemieux but with the direction the team currently has, he'd need some of these abilities to stick in our bottom-6

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Beckman's probably injury insurance. Or taking something back just to give Clarke a chance. Foote is primed to get more of a shot for NJ at LW, and it sounds like he's better than Beckman anyway (processing and shot).

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Here is my magic beans for your cow trade. Graeme Clarke heading home to Minnesota! Hooray for him make Minnesota proud! Go get them Graham cracker!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad