Claimed off Waivers: [NJD] Mason Geertsen claimed off waivers by the Devils from the Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That's exactly what the Islanders did with Tavares and they're the 2nd best team in the East... and as far as I can recall the Devils traded a higher pick than the Rangers did this offseason to bring in Ryan Graves.. who brings nothing but grit.

I also seem to recall the Devils trading a shit ton more for Gusev than the Rangers did for Panarin.

I'm sorry.. I know it's far easier for you to punch up than it is for me to punch down, I feel like too much of a bully.
Ryan Graves brings nothing but “grit”? What does “grit” even mean in this context? Man, when pissing matches between non-playoff teams melts brains.

I didn’t like the Gusev trade at the time but it was a 2nd & a 3rd rd pick and there was no Panarin trade, so not sure that comparison works. The Rangers sure traded more for Trouba than the Devils did for Hamilton… yeah, that version is dumb too.

1) Nathan Bastian was the closest thing to a decent heavy weight fighter on the Devils last season and he’s gone. 2) Hughes got hurt when he was cross-checked by Ross Johnston. 3) GMs are a reactionary bunch and dudes on waivers are free.

It’s not rocket science.

The Rangers don’t need Geertsen because they have Reaves and Tinordi for the next two seasons, the latter being an even bigger defenseman who’s even better at face punching.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
That's exactly what the Islanders did with Tavares and they're the 2nd best team in the East... and as far as I can recall the Devils traded a higher pick than the Rangers did this offseason to bring in Ryan Graves.. who brings nothing but grit.

I also seem to recall the Devils trading a shit ton more for Gusev than the Rangers did for Panarin.

I'm sorry.. I know it's far easier for you to punch up than it is for me to punch down, I feel like too much of a bully.
Graves has paced for 25-30 points in his two full nhl seasons while being a very good penalty killer. That is absolutely worth a ~60th pick.

And what the hell do Panarin and Gusev have to do with grit? What a weird insertion, especially considered one was a trade and one was a ufa

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

What a typical uninformed Rags fan
Ragdoll was a FA
Graves is hardly a face puncher and would solve your problem at LHD

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Cheap depth if they need it. Not a great addition for NJD nor a great loss for NYR. I am surprised there weren’t better waiver options.

I can’t for the life of me see what Gusev or Panarin have to do with this minor move. HF being HF.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Geeertsen and Hughes already had a photo op
upload_2021-10-4_13-18-14.jpeg

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is he good enough at face punching to be a deterrent ?
Devils don’t really have a good face puncher in their normal lineup except for maybe McLeod and Wood and they aren’t anywhere near heavyweights .

He’s big and fights well. He’ll be able to fight the heavyweights in the league. He’s not good at hockey though and I don’t think anyone is going to be scared that they might have to fight him.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He’s big and fights well. He’ll be able to fight the heavyweights in the league. He’s not good at hockey though and I don’t think anyone is going to be scared that they might have to fight him.

the schedule being what it is there are probably about 10 games for a guy like that to play in as a fourth line wing. If he fills that role at league minimum and sits in the press box for a few more or plays in the AHL for a few callups during the year it's not a big deal either way.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad