Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Jimmy Vesey signs with the Devils (1 year, $800k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
It’s funny after all the hype that surrounded him in the 2016 offseason that he turned out to be such a plain player. You think he would have been a top six or out of the league with the buzz that surrounded him

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
I have no idea what teams see in this guy. I can’t honestly say I’ve ever seen him have a good game. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t of course but every time I’ve seen him he’s been all kinds of blah.
To be honest he played really good in preseason. He even said himself this is make it or break it for his NHL career so he's gonna give it his all & he showed it during preseason & that earned him a spot. He scored in every preseason game if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
This guys game is like slightly burnt toast with nothing on it, also a little stale

Toast isn't bad it's just toast, but he's shitty toast

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
To be honest he played really good in preseason. He even said himself this is make it or break it for his NHL career so he's gonna give it his all & he showed it during preseason & that earned him a spot. He scored in every preseason game if I remember correctly.

I’m not surprised by this. Let’s keep in mind he has never had a season where he played over 16 minutes per game. He usually has played very few minutes. So yes, he needs to step up his play, but also needs the chance to do it. NJ is weak on wing so it may be a good spot for him…

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I’m not surprised by this. Let’s keep in mind he has never had a season where he played over 16 minutes per game. He usually has played very few minutes. So yes, he needs to step up his play, but also needs the chance to do it. NJ is weak on wing so it may be a good spot for him…
I don't think teams are looking at him as a middle 6 Winger. If he just signed Nashville as a 3rd round pick, most average hockey fans wouldn't know his name or think too much about him. But, because he went the UFA route as a NCAA player, his name is out there. 3rd round pick makes the NHL at age 23, and after 5 NHL seasons finds himself hanging onto his career. At this point, I don't see him becoming a 45 piont player. Doubt a team gives him that opportunity. Maybe if there are injuries he can take advantage, but for now, his job is to help on the PK and be a depth guy.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He’s got the size and skill to be a 3rd liner, but his complete level is pretty weak. He’s just not a very good NHLer.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
After the Hamilton signing, who could be surprised that Joisey has gone all in?

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
It’s funny after all the hype that surrounded him in the 2016 offseason that he turned out to be such a plain player. You think he would have been a top six or out of the league with the buzz that surrounded him

Oh absolutely. I was so mad when the Isles lost out on him to the Rangers, I was like of course this happens to the Isles again. Then he just never lived up to the expectations so the Isles dodged a bullet.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
He’s got the size and skill to be a 3rd liner, but his complete level is pretty weak. He’s just not a very good NHLer.

Luckily Fitzy set him straight in a way. Sat him down, and told him he needs to reinvent his game to make this team.

Be competitive, use the body, be defensive, and be a PK guy. He's not here to be a top 6 scorer nor even top 9, and he has embraced his new role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad