Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Jimmy Vesey signs with the Devils (1 year, $800k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
I like that, better to keep someone like Vesey as an extra forward rather than young player who could use this time to play in AHL.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Team would like to take the next step and I guess Vesey would probably be better at doing 4th line type duties than someone like Boqvist or even Holtz. Nothing wrong with having some vets.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Hoping that he plays desperate to keep his NHL career going.
An ok depth signing. I’d rather he plays limited minutes than one of our prospects . Rather have the prospects getting more important minutes in the AHL than 6-8 minutes on the 4th line

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Very good signing. One of the best ratio money/value for 4rd line player with solid offensif skills.
Jimmy definitly will put on the table (ice) 120% that he has in his bagage.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
I highly doubt Devils fans will be happy watching this player play on a regular basis (assuming he's not your 13th fwd). I hope, for his sake, he somehow finds a step, but as of right now, he is far from good.

Not the type of player you want in your top nor bottom 6 for more than a couple games. Kind of just 'there'.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
He sucks but coaches love him for some reason.

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
I have no idea what teams see in this guy. I can’t honestly say I’ve ever seen him have a good game. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t of course but every time I’ve seen him he’s been all kinds of blah.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I think folks forget that he only has 5 nhl seasons under his belt, even though he is 28. I do think he can still play better. He will never become a star or a first line guy. But I think he can become a decent 35-45 point guy under the right coach…

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The Leafs did not bring him back?

Weird, I read last year he'd be a top 9 player for them and that he was a great signing.

Leafs sign a league min player

Leaf fans: Huh maybe playing him with some legit talent might bring out some of his latent potential. At least he has a big body, hopefully a solid depth piece.

Other fans: Leaf fans saying he is literally McDavid!!!11!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad