Proposal: NJD - CGY - MTL

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
The flames may have asked for Mercer, but I've never heard a single time that mercer was ever put in the table for anyone, including Saros lol

Sportsnet insider Elliotte Friedman joined 102.5 The Game with Caroline, Willy, & D-Mase for his weekly hit on Nashville radio. While discussing the possibility of the Nashville Predators and Devils working together on a Juuse Saros deal, he had this to say about Mercer.

“I believe some of the teams that have been dealing with the Devils on other issues have asked about Mercer and I believe they’ve been told no,” Friedman explained

Reactions: My3Sons

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No I didn't. Dreger said it like three days ago on Barn burner and didn't say anything about Mercer.
I listen to every episode of Barn Burner. He never said that. He said it on insider trading 3 months ago. He said it wasn't a 1st round pick. He said it was Mercer and a pick. I'm not saying it's gospel or anything. But he never said it wasn't a first on Barn Burner 3 days ago. I listened to the entire thing.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
I listen to every episode of Barn Burner. He never said that. He said it on insider trading 3 months ago. He said it wasn't a 1st round pick. He said it was Mercer and a pick. I'm not saying it's gospel or anything. But he never said it wasn't a first on Barn Burner 3 days ago. I listened to the entire thing.

This doesn't sound to me like it was on the table but think what you want

Reactions: HBK27

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
with your ask markstrom is a bottle of urine.

the upside of markstrom is more stability in the net with a proven starter and potentially an additional win or two in two playoff runs. the downside of a 34 year old goaltender at 6m is an anchor contract on the cap for two years, which you have to pay a major asset to move out. your ask is for the upside. completely ignoring the downside. with that ask i easily prefer to extend kähkönen at less than half the cap hit and keeping our assets.

calgary than can enjoy either upside markstrom downgrading their draft position or downside markstrom destroying his trade value if none of the teams is willing to pay the ask. keeping markstrom is also a risk for calgary.
Would you also prefer to not make the playoffs again? Cool.
You don't deserve Markstrom. I really hope he goes to any other team.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Also, is that the video where he says a trade won't happen without mercer and a high pick? Because that's not the devils putting Mercer on the table, that's the flames wanting Mercer. Your video won't play

If Mercer were on the table, this deal would have been done lol.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018

I mean, markstrom isn't the only goalie capable of getting the devils to the playoffs. Let's just be real about that lol. Vanacek got them there two years ago. If the team was healthy last year, they may have still made it.

Markstrom is my preferred guy as a devils fan out of the big goalies, but it's not the end of the world for either team if the trade doesn't go through.

Hopefully the teams get their crap together and get it done.

One of our posters said on NHL Network on Sirius xm that they said Calgary wasn't happy with the offer so far (I did not hear this myself) so we may still be a hot minute away lol

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Also, is that the video where he says a trade won't happen without mercer and a high pick? Because that's not the devils putting Mercer on the table, that's the flames wanting Mercer. Your video won't play

If Mercer were on the table, this deal would have been done lol.
The deal was done. It was nixed by Edwards. Again, not saying Dreger is right and it was Mercer or Sera was right and it was the 1st and Holtz. I'm saying there WAS a done deal. Markstrom was asked to waive. Then Maloney came to Conroy and said Murray wasn't willing to retain for the return agreed upon.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I mean, markstrom isn't the only goalie capable of getting the devils to the playoffs. Let's just be real about that lol. Vanacek got them there two years ago. If the team was healthy last year, they may have still made it.

Markstrom is my preferred guy as a devils fan out of the big goalies, but it's not the end of the world for either team if the trade doesn't go through.

One of our posters said on NHL Network on Sirius xm that they said Calgary wasn't happy with the offer so far (I did not hear this myself) so we may still be a hot minute away lol
I have no problem with the conversations with you - just some of the shit I've read from NJ fans lately, completely clueless as to what type of goalie Markstrom is.

Reactions: Forge

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

For sure. Markstrom isn't the only goalie that will get the Devils to the playoffs. I just think the thing Markstrom is the best at is high danger chances. It meshes pretty well with the Devils style of play. Them or Ottawa would be the best fit IMO.

Reactions: Forge

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
markstrom is not the only way to get to the playoffs. the devils won a round without him last season.

it's like asking calgary wants to stay mediocre forever? cool.
you deserve your own cory schneider years. i really hope you keep him and he leads you to the 11th pick next season.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
markstrom is not the only way to get to the playoffs. the devils won a round without him last season.

it's like asking calgary wants to stay mediocre forever? cool.
you deserve your own cory schneider years. i really hope you keep him and he leads you to the 11th pick next season.
Honestly your posts are tired in this thread. You've been better in other threads so I won't bash you around too much. Asking for fair value isn't stupid. We got a overpaid for Lindholm, fair value for Tanev, tough spot with Hanifin and destroyed on the Zadorov deal. This isn't a GM who wants to keep Markstrom and be mediocre. We have a crap owner, which sucks and has basically forced a total tear down with his refusal to re tool. Murray is a problem, but I think Conroy understands what he needs to do here. We don't have to accept a garbage trade for Markstrom or keep him. There are other teams and we'll get the mid 1st in value we should be getting.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I have no problem with the conversations with you - just some of the shit I've read from NJ fans lately, completely clueless as to what type of goalie Markstrom is.
You're not getting that 1st from NJ for Markstorm. A lot more would have to come from Calgary's end. Hes a good goalie, but I'm sorry, it is what it is..

Was just in the news the Devils aren't budging I believe.....cheers to the rest of the teams who want him.

Reactions: Inno

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

LOL...Devils don't "deserve" Markstrom because Devils fans don't want to pay the insane asking price of #10 overall or Mercer.

If the Flames remotely get anything in the vicinity of that trade value back for him, I really hope he goes to another team as well.

Reactions: Inno and dgibb10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad