Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] D Brett Pesce signs with the Devils (6 years, $5.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think it will be good initially but I'm not sure he's going to hold up for most of that term. His play has been trending down and he's turning 30. The cap itself is good for NJD. I imagine it's difficult for a GM to get that term down when somebody will eventually give it. You either lose the player or take the risk.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Don't want to be THAT guy. But Pesce is coming off a career low 13 point season after missing the playoffs due to injury and gets a $1 million plus raise?

Sure feels an awful lot like the Dougie contract where the Devils outbid themselves.

What am I not seeing?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
FFS is there ANYTHING that the Devils can do that you won't bitch and moan about relentlessly?

Your whole schtick is just getting so old.

Thanks for the vague rhetoric as opposed to a salient point. Then again I lived through the era when they made sound hockey moves and won championships. Don't see how reasoned analysis is perceived as "bitching and moaning" but your entitled to your opinion.

If you can point to where what I post is inaccurate I'd gladly admit I was mistaken.

It's posts like these that have led me to avoid the Devils' board; where informed discourse is discouraged.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Thanks for the vague rhetoric as opposed to a salient point. Then again I lived through the era when they made sound hockey moves and won championships. Don't see how reasoned analysis is perceived as "bitching and moaning" but your entitled to your opinion.

If you can point to where what I post is inaccurate I'd gladly admit I was mistaken.

It's posts like these that have led me to avoid the Devils' board; where informed discourse is discouraged.

Yeah, I lived through that era as well. What "reasoned analysis" did you provide, beyond complaining about two of the three contracts NJ handed out today being an overpay (and no doubt I'm sure you hate the Dillon deal as well).

Literally at least 90%+ of the posts of yours that I see are complaints about the team you're allegedly a fan of. Not sure why you even bother being a fan of this team if you hate everything they do so much. Or maybe you're just miserable about everything in life?

The Devils board has a lot of good posters and plenty of differing opinions. Understandably though, posters like you that complain non-stop about every move the team makes gets annoying quick though, so I'm sure you've gotten that feedback from that board.

Have fun hating every move your supposed favorite team makes I guess. Hopefully if they struggle you can get some satisfaction that you knew better all along!

Last edited:

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Don't want to be THAT guy. But Pesce is coming off a career low 13 point season after missing the playoffs due to injury and gets a $1 million plus raise?

Sure feels an awful lot like the Dougie contract where the Devils outbid themselves.

What am I not seeing?
Did you notice that the first two games of the NYR playoffs series with Pesce out the Canes gave up multiple PP goals in the first two games? His play really hasn't "dropped off," he has just become that much more a true defensive D.

Pesce allowed Skjei to be the most offensively productive of Canes' D. So while his 13 points isn't impressive, Pesce deserves partial credit for Skei's output. Imagine if he allows Luke to be even more aggressive offensively!!

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
Informed discourse? All you do is bitch and moan about everything Tom Fitzgerald does. Maybe add something to the conversation other that whining constantly.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024

Oh wow, you watched the Devils when there was no cap? Congratulations!

Times changed - get over it

Did you notice that the first two games of the NYR playoffs series with Pesce out the Canes gave up multiple PP goals in the first two games? His play really hasn't "dropped off," he has just become that much more a true defensive D.

Pesce allowed Skjei to be the most offensively productive of Canes' D. So while his 13 points isn't impressive, Pesce deserves partial credit for Skei's output. Imagine if he allows Luke to be even more aggressive offensively!!
Youre trying to talk to a mud puddle - but great points to actual Devils fans who care. Pesce will do very well with Luke

Reactions: MakoSlade

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The biggest thing the Canes may have missed this playoff was Pesce. Right up to the last goal scored against. He’s been a trooper, and an easy player to root for. The turnaround of the Canes began with the SlavinPesce, and they’ll always be my favorite defensive pairing I think. They did some amazing things for some real crap teams. Pesce is a smart, gap controlling defenseman who rarely gets beat one on one, never cheats the defensive end of the game. Great stick, great positioning down low, blocks a lot of goal mouth plays and can move the puck out of the zone smoothly and consistently. He was a big part of the room and always seemed like a character with character.

We’re going to miss him, I think we should’ve given him this contract. Of all our losses this off season this is the one that changes the personality and style of the team on and off the ice the most - and it hurts the most. Thank you for your hard work for so many years, and good luck in Jersey!

He’s worth the contract.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
The biggest thing the Canes may have missed this playoff was Pesce. Right up to the last goal scored against. He’s been a trooper, and an easy player to root for. The turnaround of the Canes began with the SlavinPesce, and they’ll always be my favorite defensive pairing I think. They did some amazing things for some real crap teams. Pesce is a smart, gap controlling defenseman who rarely gets beat one on one, never cheats the defensive end of the game. Great stick, great positioning down low, blocks a lot of goal mouth plays and can move the puck out of the zone smoothly and consistently. He was a big part of the room and always seemed like a character with character.

We’re going to miss him, I think we should’ve given him this contract. Of all our losses this off season this is the one that changes the personality and style of the team on and off the ice the most - and it hurts the most. Thank you for your hard work for so many years, and good luck in Jersey!

He’s worth the contract.
Thank you for the great insight on Pesce. I don't get to see much of the Canes except when they play the Devils, so I appreciate your evaluation.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

You sound exhausting bro.

Anywho, this is the dude I wanted, especially at that price. Instead my Sabres signed f***ing Zucker. So.. you’re* free to whine, but we got a coach you cast off and have had a much worse free agency. Could be worse for you.

Reactions: Fjordy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad