Proposal: NJ - Mtl

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
The final piece of the puzzle.

NJ - Palmieri (retained to meet Cap Space) most likely not necessary.
Mtl - Ylonen + Conditional picks....2021 2nd (1st if resigned or final 4) + 3rd 2022 (2nd if resigned or final 4).

Playoffs line up

Tatar -Danault - Gallagher
Palmieri - Staal - Toffoli
Perry - Suzuki - Anderson
Drouin - KK - Lehkonen (Maybe Caufield... but too soon)

Last edited:

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
What is your counter?
Remember you can get him back in July....
It’s tough with MTL because I’m hoping it’s a 1st + B prospect or 2nd + VERY good prospect and i just think MTL prospect pool is in a weird spot. They have some top end talent who are worth more than Palms but then there’s a pretty size able gap after that with prospect talent and who I think Palms is worth more. Maybe a 1st + Brook? Idk i don’t think we’re the best trade partners

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
It’s tough with MTL because I’m hoping it’s a 1st + B prospect or 2nd + VERY good prospect and i just think MTL prospect pool is in a weird spot. They have some top end talent who are worth more than Palms but then there’s a pretty size able gap after that with prospect talent and who I think Palms is worth more. Maybe a 1st + Brook? Idk i don’t think we’re the best trade partners
At least your counter is a fair starting point.... Brooks would be available + 1st is a little steep but close to what I would agree.
Most likely a 3rd since the upside of Brooks is better than Ylonen.
It would hurt Mtl, but not destroy the future.
Good job

Reactions: devils29

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I’m not paying a first and prospect for a guy who isn’t worth it and we don’t need.

this package should go for a LHD.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
yeah and that's not going to happen.

AV might dislike Ghost, but many games this year, he has been our best Dman. Byron doesn't have that upside to him.

30 other GMs dislike ghost too apparently, he's not getting traded without a negative value asset coming back to PHI or PHI adding a sweetener to take his deal.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The way I see it is Ghost and Byron are still useful players but their contract are not good.

nobody is taking Ghost or Byron without sending another problematic contract the other way.

i guess a pick would need to be involved to even value but not a 1st and probably not an early second also.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Palmieri is great, but Montreal doesn't need another winger. If they're adding a big piece it should be on D.

if you guys watched the Flyers game last night, Habs fans would want Ghost. He was fantastic.

I've learned long ago not to rate players on one game.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
30 other GMs dislike ghost too apparently, he's not getting traded without a negative value asset coming back to PHI or PHI adding a sweetener to take his deal.
welcome to the covid flat cap world for guys with term
The way I see it is Ghost and Byron are still useful players but their contract are not good.

nobody is taking Ghost or Byron without sending another problematic contract the other way.

i guess a pick would need to be involved to even value but not a 1st and probably not an early second also.

I agree. But for the Flyers, Ghost is way more beneficial than Byron. Would rather keep the Dman who can have great nights playing 20 minutes a game.

Reactions: Benstheman

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Vatanen seems like the guy I'd be most interested in from NJ. He's a RHD but can play on either side, has been a top4 D for many years. Murray could be another option but he's injury-prone and higher cap-hit.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
welcome to the covid flat cap world for guys with term

I agree. But for the Flyers, Ghost is way more beneficial than Byron. Would rather keep the Dman who can have great nights playing 20 minutes a game.

That's fair. To be honest, Byron is probably more beneficial for Montreal, given his versatility, two way play and greater flexibility when constructing lines.

Reactions: Tripod

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
As MTL, you do not do that, Ylonen seems to be close to NHL, with the frozen cap, you want good players on ELC for your bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad