Proposal: Nj - MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
boy is Markov overrated by you

why are we giving up Merrill and potentially a 1st for a 37 year old

starting to think this thread was started by the shadow of NJ-era Lamoriello

boy, do you know noting about Markov. good luck finding 40 pt dmen.
His IQ remains off the charts and thats why he'll probably play a few
more years. One of the best passers in the NHL

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
boy is Markov overrated by you

why are we giving up Merrill and potentially a 1st for a 37 year old

starting to think this thread was started by the shadow of NJ-era Lamoriello

lol wut yeah markov has slowed down a bit but overrated? guy was one of the most underrated Dmen thru out his career and he trained like a beast this whole offseason.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I'd do it at the trade deadline if MTL is missing the playoffs, otherwise, Habs need Markov this season, he can't be traded for a reclamation project and a pick

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I'd do it at the trade deadline if MTL is missing the playoffs, otherwise, Habs need Markov this season, he can't be traded for a reclamation project and a pick

The OP gives us great value. There's no need to wait. Take the opportunity and take a bet on Redmond

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The OP gives us great value. There's no need to wait. Take the opportunity and take a bet on Redmond

The bet we're taking on Redmond is that he can be a 8th D, not that he could be a regular. He's also a RHD and thus irrelevant to Markov. Our LHD depth with this trade would be:

Beaulieu
Emelin
Merrill
Barberio
Samuelsson
Hanley
Parisi

:help:

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
This doesn't make any sence for the habs. They're in a win now mode. Why would they be trading guys like Markov for picks and prospects. So we're basically downgrading from Markov to Merill and only getting a second Round pick... (Spoiler alert the Devils aren't making the playoffs) you do realize Markov got 44 points last year. Just because he's old doesn't mean he's not good. Also, it doesn't make any sence for New Jersey. Both teams would decline

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Yes Markov is 37 years old and doesn't have a lot of years left in the tank, but he's still one of the 60 or 70 best d-men in the league. The Habs are Not going to sell him for some magic beans unless they are out of it at the deadline.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Sinner likes mortaging the Devils future when we are nowhere close to contending. :(

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
lol wut yeah markov has slowed down a bit but overrated? guy was one of the most underrated Dmen thru out his career and he trained like a beast this whole offseason.

hes good, but hes not "trade a young D and a 1st for a 37 year old" good, especially on a rebuilding org

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I don't see Montreal trading Markov for less than premium. The only way I see him moved is if Montreal is out again this year at the deadline and to a team who is a Markov away from going very deep. Value-wise, it's a good offer, but not sure what it does for NJ in the long term. Certainly weakens Montreal's LD but frees up money to fix it.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
we are close to being a playoff team, I think you will be surprised this season.

Which makes this proposal even more ridiculous. We would be giving up a first round pick under that assumption.

Trade assets to barely make the Devs a playoff team....it makes no sense. Anyway, pretty clear at this point Shero will only move pieces for guys on the right side of 30.

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
Which makes this proposal even more ridiculous. We would be giving up a first round pick under that assumption.

Trade assets to barely make the Devs a playoff team....it makes no sense. Anyway, pretty clear at this point Shero will only move pieces for guys on the right side of 30.

Markov is worth it, I'd give up a 1st round pick to make the playoffs

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
This is the exact opposite of what Shero is trying to do.

We absolutely are not giving up assets and futures for older defensemen that are nearing retirement. I don't understand the infatuation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad