Proposal: Nj - MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
To Mtl:
Merrill
2nd in 2017 (turns into a 2017 1st round pick on the condition the Devils make the playoffs)

To Nj:
Markov

Back up plan 2.0

To Bos:
Quenneville
Merrill
2nd 2017

To Nj:
Chara
3rd 2017

This is a back up plan if the Devils don't land Shattenkirk

Last edited:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Completely neutral fan here, but don't see any reason for NJ to do this. Markov is a couple years from retiring and Desharnais isn't needed with Henrique and Zajac on the roster, and guys like Zacha getting closer to the NHL.

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
Completely neutral fan here, but don't see any reason for NJ to do this. Markov is a couple years from retiring and Desharnais isn't needed with Henrique and Zajac on the roster, and guys like Zacha getting closer to the NHL.

we need a top 4 dman. preferably a vet to teach our inexperienced D
we have Greene to babysit Severson, who do we have for Santini?

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Terrible for NJ. Why would they do this? They have no need for DD and Markov is retiring in a year or two. To give up assets for that package is laughable.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Honestly, whats the beef guys with Merrill. I was a fan of him on his draft year. He has decent number but seems not a NJ'S fans favourite. I just wonder why?

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Value wise i'd do it ...
But that means that this year our LD: Beaulieu-Emelin-Merrill/Barberio and that's the dealbreaker

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
boy are late 1st round picks overrated on here

boy is Markov overrated by you

why are we giving up Merrill and potentially a 1st for a 37 year old

starting to think this thread was started by the shadow of NJ-era Lamoriello

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
boy is Markov overrated by you

why are we giving up Merrill and potentially a 1st for a 37 year old

starting to think this thread was started by the shadow of NJ-era Lamoriello

Markov is a 40 point defenseman... When is the last time someone hit 40 points on our blueline, I don't care about the age, we can get 2 years of serviceable hockey out of him or Chara for almost certain.

Severson - Greene
Moore-Lovejoy
Markov/Chara- Santini

Chara's stats last season: GP:80 G:9 A:28 P:37
Markov: GP:82 G:5 A:39 P:44

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Merrill has potential and he is young, I was under the impression the Habs had some decent NHL ready prospects on D

The closest prospect that could be ready NHL read would be Sergachev. Juulsen is still 2 or 3 years away and the rest of our prospects are further than that and not really top 4 material (although some might say Mete).

We're hoping that Sergachev can take Markov spot. I think one more year in the OHL and then he should be a full time NHLer but I also doubt they throw him in the top 4 in his first year.

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
So I officially know that you are just doing this to get a rise out of people. Doesn't work on me lol. Enjoy stirring the hornets nest though :laugh:

you don't realize how much I like Chara

I use to like the Senators, was a big fan... until they made the choice of Redden over Chara... what a **** up that turned out to be

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Markov is a 40 point defenseman... When is the last time someone hit 40 points on our blueline, I don't care about the age, we can get 2 years of serviceable hockey out of him or Chara for almost certain.

Severson - Greene
Moore-Lovejoy
Markov/Chara- Santini

Chara's stats last season: GP:80 G:9 A:28 P:37
Markov: GP:82 G:5 A:39 P:44

Marek Zidlicky in 2013-14, who we gave up a bunch of busts and a second for.

Getting a D will be a priority, but there's no reason to overpay.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Both Markov and Chara are beloved by their organizations and fanbase. Oh and both of those teams need to add quality blueliners, not give them up.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Zidlicky is a good example of how older players can still be effective, he was a solid Devil

He was completely one-dimensional, and heavily sheltered.

Any player can be useful in the right context, that doesn't mean trading young assets for over the hill D is a good idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad