Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJ] F Dawson Mercer re-signs with Devils (3 years, $4.0M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
That down season was a blessing in disguise. Probably saved us 3M on his cap hit. He's a much better player than he showed last year, I expect a big bounce back.
I always wonder what his point total ceiling is with NJ.. NJ obviously have some other offensive studs on the team that put up more points than Mercer and get the prime mins on the first line and first PP group… Mercer is a good young player but seems as though he will be on that second line and 2nd PP for quite some time.

What do Devils fans think his ceiling is?? I always think he should every season be in the 50-60 point mark roughly???

Seems like a good contract for both sides

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I always wonder what his point total ceiling is with NJ.. NJ obviously have some other offensive studs on the team that put up more points than Mercer and get the prime mins on the first line and first PP group… Mercer is a good young player but seems as though he will be on that second line and 2nd PP for quite some time.

What do Devils fans think his ceiling is?? I always think he should every season be in the 50-60 point mark roughly???

Seems like a good contract for both sides

50-60 points seems reasonable. He’s already put up a 56 point season, but I don’t really think his ceiling as far as production is higher than that range.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can't go wrong with 4m. That's 3rd line money. So any bounce back already makes this a great deal for NJ.

Reactions: Paul Westerberg

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I think that was the deal to go long and get a big discount long term for the Devils.

This is the kind of player you build around...

I would have pushed for a longer deal.

No contending team should be building around Mercer. He’s a terrific complementary piece, but he’s not making or breaking the core.

This deal is great value for the Devils and Mercer is still an RFA at the end of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad