Proposal: Nj - dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
I think Devils fans should continue to ignore the fact that we posted before the edit to add McLeod. Lots is being accomplished here.

and how would we know that? divine intervention?

quote the post next time.. or go back and edit your post now. it's not that hard.

even without McLeod, I don't take that deal. 2nd rounder who had a great year + late 1st/early 2nd is probably more than I give up for Nich at this point.

it's still far from "quantity" which was a laughable premise with any of the names thrown in there.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
and how would we know that? divine intervention?

quote the post next time.. or go back and edit your post now. it's not that hard.

even without McLeod, I don't take that deal. 2nd rounder who had a great year + late 1st/early 2nd is probably more than I give up for Nich at this point.

it's still far from "quantity" which was a laughable premise with any of the names thrown in there.

We paid Joki, Pollock, and a conditional 1st for Russell. If that is a rough representation of market value of a rental 2nd pair defenseman, Oduya is worth more than Blackwood and the conditional 1st by himself.

Just a little common sense should tell you something doesn't add up in a major way. So read the OP, see the edit, and read the post times you think are way off base. Message board 101. Not sure why it's my responsibility to monitor this thread all the time in case the OP edits, that seems like a crazy responsibility to somebody else's joke thread. I hope you can see why that isn't reasonable.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
We paid Joki, Pollock, and a conditional 1st for Russell. If that is a rough representation of market value of a rental 2nd pair defenseman, Oduya is worth more than Blackwood and the conditional 1st by himself.

Just a little common sense should tell you something doesn't add up in a major way. So read the OP, see the edit, and read the post times you think are way off base. Message board 101. Not sure why it's my responsibility to monitor this thread all the time in case the OP edits, that seems like a crazy responsibility to somebody else's joke thread. I hope you can see why that isn't reasonable.

And how are we supposed to know what it said?

All you had to do is either quote the post so we knew what you were responding to at the time.. or simply point out what the original post said. No reason to post that anyone is ignoring anything considering before you posted, there was absolutely no way of knowing what the OP said (or whether the original trade was edited at all.. could have been literally anything that was changed). We can't ignore something we were never aware of in the first place.

It's not that hard and its far from unreasonable. No reason to complain. So the OP changed a bad Dallas deal to a bad Devils deal. Life goes on.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
And how are we supposed to know what it said?

All you had to do is either quote the post so we knew what you were responding to at the time.. or simply point out what the original post said. No reason to post that anyone is ignoring anything considering before you posted, there was absolutely no way of knowing what the OP said (or whether the original trade was edited at all.. could have been literally anything that was changed). We can't ignore something we were never aware of in the first place.

It's not that hard and its far from unreasonable. No reason to complain. So the OP changed a bad Dallas deal to a bad Devils deal. Life goes on.

What difference does it make what the original OP said? The two pre-edit posts from Stars fans were not in favor, then the edit time stamp says something got changed, and you know it was the addition of McLeod because that is what I said in my second post. It's all right there, I'm not sure why you need to be purposely obtuse except that you obviously didn't read the thread past the first comment--its all laid out by Canada4Gold--and now you feel dumb for making a rookie mistake. The solution isn't for posters to spend all day in threads they posted in so they can edit their own work in response to the edits of others, which you wouldn't have read anyway because of your hurry to be the 4th person to respond to Ajacied. The solution is for people like you who know better to read the thread before they pop off.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
For someone who really doesn't want to monitor a thread all the time you sure do enjoy derailing a joke thread with your indignation over all of the zero people who quoted or replied to your initial posting. Speaking of accomplishing a lot, your introductory course on Message Boarding 101 is really doing exactly that.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
To Dallas:
Mackenzie Blackwood
McLeod
NJ 2nd 2017, turns into a 2017 1st round pick if the Devils make the playoffs

To NJ:
Valeri Nichushkin
Johnny Oduya
I love these quantity for Nishushkin proposals..

Wouldn't touch it.

...how bout now, would ya?
It does suck that Nill cannot get anything in return. Maybe he thought there was a move to be made. Or maybe Nuke said I'm out and why the Fidd signing

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
For someone who really doesn't want to monitor a thread all the time you sure do enjoy derailing a joke thread with your indignation over all of the zero people who quoted or replied to your initial posting. Speaking of accomplishing a lot, your introductory course on Message Boarding 101 is really doing exactly that.

The thread was less than one page and somebody explained it. I'm surprised it needs to be said that reading the entire thread before you post is how this works. I guess you should start with Remedial Message Boarding, 101 sounds too tough for you.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
This deal just makes no sense.

Dallas isn't trading one of their only veteran D for a goalie prospect several years away and a forward prospect a few years away when they are competing right now.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
"nothing"

He's right.

Think about it. If we were in the same position as Dallas, why would we trade a guy who's playing upwards of 20 minutes a night for guys who wont see NHL ice regularly for 2-3 years? It'd be one thing if they're getting back an immediate hole filler. It'd be another thing if they knew that one of their young D-Men (i.e Honka etc) could fill that void. And it'd be yet another thing if they had cap issues (they don't today). As it stands today, Oduya is not an expendable asset for Dallas. This is the type of deal you do with a bottom feeder who want futures, not a contender. I would even argue that if Oduya was still a Devil today, us getting McLeod/Blackwood back from Dallas (at the deadline and either borderline or out of playoff contention) would make more sense.

Blackwood and McLeod are more likely to be good than not, but they do nothing for the Stars now who are legitimate contenders.

With Nuke going back to the Motherland, there's not much to be done between Dallas and New Jersey right now, at least not until the trade deadline when both teams know where they stand.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad