Proposal: Nj - dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
T̶o̶ ̶D̶a̶l̶l̶a̶s̶:̶
̶M̶a̶c̶k̶e̶n̶z̶i̶e̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶w̶o̶o̶d̶
̶M̶c̶L̶e̶o̶d̶
̶N̶J̶ ̶2̶n̶d̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶7̶,̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶7̶ ̶1̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶e̶v̶i̶l̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶o̶f̶f̶s̶

̶T̶o̶ ̶N̶J̶:̶
̶V̶a̶l̶e̶r̶i̶ ̶N̶i̶c̶h̶u̶s̶h̶k̶i̶n̶
̶J̶o̶h̶n̶n̶y̶ ̶O̶d̶u̶y̶a̶

on second thought no

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I love these quantity for Nishushkin proposals..

Wouldn't touch it.

That's a pretty awful assessment. Blackwood is one of the best goalie prospects in the world, and McLeod is an excellent prospect that's a very safe bet to be an NHLer with good upside. And then a high pick on top of it.

If you don't want to take the proposal that's fine, I wouldn't do it either as a NJ fan, but don't act like these are spare parts.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Futures going to Dallas really doesn't make sense. This is a team on the cusp of being a Stanley Cup contender. Why would we be trading one of our only veteran defensemen for people that are years away?

Blackwood would be nice to have, but it's making the team take a step back to do so.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Wouldn't touch it.

Whaaaaa?

Blackwood is a really strong goalie prospect. Mcleod was just drafted 12th overall. Those are quality pieces.

If they don't fit Dallas' needs, that's a fine argument. A "quantity" deal it is not. IMO it's an overpayment. I am a Nich fan, but he still isn't more than an 3rd liner at the NHL level right now.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Blackwood's fine but does nothing to address the Stars' current goalie issues. At all.

Why weaken the blueline now, for a maybe in net a few years down the road?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
There were bad for Dallas posts before the OP was edited, and then bad for NJ posts, and people being confused at the initial couple posts. What was the initial offer? I hate it when people make offers and then edit them afterwards without making note of what was changed, makes people making the first few replies look bad because they were replying to a different offer. Shouldn't be that hard to add a note at the end like...

Note: edited to added McLeod

or something of that nature

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007

Wouldn't touch it.

Is that a joke? A recent 1st round pick, a recent 2nd round pick and another 1st/2nd round pick.

How in the world is that not quality for a guy who has done absolutely zero since being drafted.

Brutal for NJ. You can say its not a good offer for Dallas because it doesn't fit their needs but the value is overkill.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I think Devils fans should continue to ignore the fact that we posted before the edit to add McLeod. Lots is being accomplished here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad