Value of: NJ and PHI - What would you trade for Gaudreau?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You want one of the best wingers in the league with multiple years left on a very friendly AAV who is in his prime...I think its perfectly reasonable to ask for Couturier in the deal.
Except this thread started with a CGY fan asking PHI and NJ fans what they'd offer, not asking CGY fans what they'd want.

Those are different questions with different answers.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
You want one of the best wingers in the league with multiple years left on a very friendly AAV who is in his prime...I think its perfectly reasonable to ask for Couturier in the deal.

It doesn't make any sense for the Flyers to include Couturier in a trade for Gaudreau. Even the addition of Johnny Hockey severely weakens the Flyers in terms of faceoffs, center depth, and penalty kill.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Yes.

Because you'd be asking for one of the best centers in the league with multiple years left on a very friendly AAV who is in his prime.

Does not compute for us.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
That's actually worse than before.
Because a deal centered on voracek which os almost the way it would have to go renders anything of significant value overpayment. Voracek 2020 1st is the value id be comfortable with

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I don't want Gaudreau. Not at the price Calgary fans would ask at, anyway.

Flyers have oodles of depth on wing and nothing at center beyond Couturier. Couturier is a non starter for any trade where we don't get a better center in return, value be damned.

Reactions: Devonator

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Monahan makes a bit more sense for the Flyers but I don't see a trade that makes the Flames better next year that I would want to do. I'd love to give up future assets for either Flame but I doubt that's what the flames want.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Monahan makes a bit more sense for the Flyers but I don't see a trade that makes the Flames better next year that I would want to do. I'd love to give up future assets for either Flame but I doubt that's what the flames want.

I agree. Monahan would be a stellar addition, but I don't see a deal that makes sense here.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Only on HF Boards is there is hemming and hawing over the value of one of the best players in the game. Either team would give up a ransom-period.

Reactions: duffy9748

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
We would also like McDavid but NJ isn't giving up Hall, Hughes, and Hischier to do it. (does that even move the needle? lol)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yes let's trade a superstar and a young 1C just cause we're having bad luck in the playoffs, look at Tampa, you think they're looking to trade Kuchy or Stamkos/Point?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It just needs to be said again. They Flyers have:

Giroux: 61 ES pts....T4th for LW
JVR: 35 ES points....in 66 games....T26th for LW
Lindblom 30 ES points...T39th for LW....AND WAS A ROOKIE THIS YEAR

...as their LWers.

From just a sheer need.....the Flyers don't need a LW at all. They also have Farabee and Ratcliffe on the way. So they have the JVR replacement in house. The only LW I go after, is Panarin and then slide Lindblom to RW. I 100% don't go after one in trade where I have to gut my team. It just makes no sense.

Can people actually see this reasoning?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It just needs to be said again. They Flyers have:

Giroux: 61 ES pts....T4th for LW
JVR: 35 ES points....in 66 games....T26th for LW
Lindblom 30 ES points...T39th for LW....AND WAS A ROOKIE THIS YEAR

...as their LWers.

From just a sheer need.....the Flyers don't need a LW at all. They also have Farabee and Ratcliffe on the way. So they have the JVR replacement in house. The only LW I go after, is Panarin and then slide Lindblom to RW. I 100% don't go after one in trade where I have to gut my team. It just makes no sense.

Can people actually see this reasoning?

Silly Tripod. All that matters is if you win the trade. Winning the trade > winning games.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Flames win West after not making playoffs...
Gaudreau is offensive leader having the best year since Theo Fleury (point totals)...

And we gon trade him if the Flames don't advance?

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
If you want a fresh reminder why I do not want to give up much for little Johnny look no further in his non existence in these playoffs....nope...the little dude is fine in the RS but useless when things heat up....sorry...we will wait until he is a free agent...

Last edited:

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Pass for Philly. LW is our deepest position. It just wouldn’t be worth what it would cost.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Ha, bad luck?

You really think the Avs are more skilled? Better all around game? The only thing they are better at us clearly is goaltending which is being shown, I still don't see why Rittich hasn't gotten his chance, we lost this series due to bad luck.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
You really think the Avs are more skilled? Better all around game? The only thing they are better at us clearly is goaltending which is being shown, I still don't see why Rittich hasn't gotten his chance, we lost this series due to bad luck.
With an analysis like that I’d say you haven’t watched a minute of this series.

Like, the consensus by everyone is that Smith is the only positive for Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad