Injury Report: Niklas Backstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Well you got me there ...... Suter WAS HORRIBLE the first 10 games, but I'll admit that I got a little carried away with the Gomez comment. Thank goodness no one else on this board ever gets carried away besides me.

But wanting to tank after three games where we have dominated at least 2 periods of every game? I'm not ready throw in the towel, but the loss of Coyle worries me greatly.

I predicted that the Wild would struggle to match last year's record, but once again, I expect great things next season.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Only 3 more years guys. No need to worry.

Well, we still have a compliance buyout, so depending on how backstrom does this season, he may be a candidate for that. The problem is, who could we get to replace him? Lundqvist has a slight chance of hitting the market, but he is a long shot. I'm not sure what other goalies will be available.

I thought Harding looked pretty good this pre-season and replacing backstrom. Yeo had to ride backstrom hard last year out of necessity, but there is no reason to do it this year. Harding needs to play more IMO. He should have started at Nashville. It'll be interesting to see how our goalie situation plays out the rest of the year.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Well, we still have a compliance buyout, so depending on how backstrom does this season, he may be a candidate for that. The problem is, who could we get to replace him? Lundqvist has a slight chance of hitting the market, but he is a long shot. I'm not sure what other goalies will be available.

I thought Harding looked pretty good this pre-season and replacing backstrom. Yeo had to ride backstrom hard last year out of necessity, but there is no reason to do it this year. Harding needs to play more IMO. He should have started at Nashville. It'll be interesting to see how our goalie situation plays out the rest of the year.

Kuemper or Gustafsson in 1-2 years. Harding for now. There is always a free agent goalie to pick up. I wouldn't mind Bryzgalov. He was never a great goalie, but also never bad. But pay anything more than 1.5 and we're getting hosed.

ewoksonhoth

Lolorado
Jul 4, 2012
One Great City!
Kuemper or Gustafsson in 1-2 years. Harding for now. There is always a free agent goalie to pick up. I wouldn't mind Bryzgalov. He was never a great goalie, but also never bad. But pay anything more than 1.5 and we're getting hosed.

I would love to see Bryz picked up. Not because I think it would put them leaps and bounds over the current situation, but it's one of those risks that could actually help the team out. Plus I'm the kind of guy that likes doing things for the sake of doing them so take it with about five grains of salt.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Backstrom is day-to-day, why would we get Bryz now? I say yes only if Harding struggles.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA

I don't know the new CBA well but I highly doubt you can buyout a contract signed after the new CBA agreement. Most likely only contracts signed during the last CBA.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Backstrom/Hards will be solid in a real tandem. We need to let them split games, and stop playing Backstrom so much. Then we will start seeing good things from both of them.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Harding was solid in the last game. I'd be comfortable with Backs playing ~50 games this season. He definitely needs more rest between the games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Harding was solid in the last game. I'd be comfortable with Backs playing ~50 games this season. He definitely needs more rest between the games.

50 games is too much IMO. He and Harding need a more even rotation... maybe even Harding getting more starts than Backs if anything.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
50 games is too much IMO. He and Harding need a more even rotation... maybe even Harding getting more starts than Backs if anything.

No problems. I see 50 games as a maximum. What ever is the most effective way for the team. If Hards plays well he should play as much as he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad