Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This probably what we should call him as a nickname “General Zod” Zad obviously the Russian reason but he’ll be the Supervillain that many teams will hate and cry for suspensions after they feel the bone crushing hits.

Drawing from Bob's Burgers, I want to call him "Regular-Sized Zee". Which of course he isn't, except compared to Chara, and I like the irony.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Zadorov is a beast !!!
Yes, he most definitely is. More than anything else if you look at him closely you see the muscles in his neck and shoulders, upper body. He is the most solidly built guy we have had on the roster since Chara. When he levels people he seems to feel no effects himself at all. He's just a rock.

Reactions: Bocephus86

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
He is going to absolutely electrify the garden.

Was on the fence when I heard the initial rumors if I’m being honest.

I wanted a hammer and I got one. I hope he is the start of the big bad bruins making a comeback.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Was this posted already? idk, I can't keep track. I'm posting it anyway. It's currently my favorite thing on youtube.

If the anti bruins conspiracy around here is to be believed, then the first time he makes one of those hits he’s going to be suspended for 10 games.

Hope he understands that he’s under a bigger microscope from the DOPS since he’s wearing a Bruins jersey.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Well it hasn't been terrible by any means. So you think they go more man to man as opposed to zone in the D end with 73-Zadorov pair?
To be honest, I don’t know. To me, they looked confused back there. I’m not sure the defense and offense knew what to do in the defensive zone. It didn’t look like they knew who their assignments were. Just me. Having said that, I don’t like the cycling in defense, or shooting the puck around the board to the opposing team. They need to stop that. The opposing team didn’t even have to be at the blue line to get the puck.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
To be honest, I don’t know. To me, they looked confused back there. I’m not sure the defense and offense knew what to do in the defensive zone. It didn’t look like they knew who their assignments were. Just me. Having said that, I don’t like the cycling in defense, or shooting the puck around the board to the opposing team. They need to stop that. The opposing team didn’t even have to be at the blue line to get the puck.
It was definitely an issue compounded by losing a few too many FO in their own end.
I do think man to man with a 73\Zadorov pairing is a way to go.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Flames fan here to give ya'll some insight on Z:

Zadorov is such a gem of a personality, a sharp dresser and when he's on, he effectively gets under the other team's skin with his physicality on the blue line. He'll fight, but honestly considering his size, he is not a great fighter lol. The first (and only from what I can see) Russian NHLer to openly speak out against Putin and the war so you know that his heart in the right place. With Z though, you definitely have to take in the bad with the good. He does have his defensive gaffs and does take some dumb penalties, so ya'll will have to get used to that.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Flames fan here to give ya'll some insight on Z:

Zadorov is such a gem of a personality, a sharp dresser and when he's on, he effectively gets under the other team's skin with his physicality on the blue line. He'll fight, but honestly considering his size, he is not a great fighter lol. The first (and only from what I can see) Russian NHLer to openly speak out against Putin and the war so you know that his heart in the right place. With Z though, you definitely have to take in the bad with the good. He does have his defensive gaffs and does take some dumb penalties, so ya'll will have to get used to that.
Hopefully they teach Zad the Bruins system and he tightens up his defensive play. He's going to have to adjust to when it's appropriate to go for the big hit. If it's the Panthers and you got a chance, take it. LOL!

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I like the player and I don't mind the contract, but I am still out on whether this is the right allocation of cap space. Our flaw in the playoffs against Florida was clearly the forward group. Thus far, the change to that group is DeBrusk for Lindholm, which I would call a minor upgrade. We really need one more monster playmaker in the forward group to be an actual contender, like Guentzel or Reinhardt. Not sure if either was a possibility, but that is where the need lies.

Reactions: Coach Parker

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I like the player and I don't mind the contract, but I am still out on whether this is the right allocation of cap space. Our flaw in the playoffs against Florida was clearly the forward group. Thus far, the change to that group is DeBrusk for Lindholm, which I would call a minor upgrade. We really need one more monster playmaker in the forward group to be an actual contender, like Guentzel or Reinhardt. Not sure if either was a possibility, but that is where the need lies.
Fwiw, I don't think you're wrong about needing one more playing driving wing to make that lineup sing, but I think they looked at what they had to spend, $5m, and decided there isn't an impact forward available at that number, but there is an impact defenseman.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This probably what we should call him as a nickname “General Zod” Zad obviously the Russian reason but he’ll be the Supervillain that many teams will hate and cry for suspensions after they feel the bone crushing hits.
I love “General Zod” as a nickname!!!

Anyone named General Zod would have to play for either the Bruins or the Flyers.

Glad he’s on our side!

Reactions: BMC and BergyWho37

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Yes, he most definitely is. More than anything else if you look at him closely you see the muscles in his neck and shoulders, upper body. He is the most solidly built guy we have had on the roster since Chara. When he levels people he seems to feel no effects himself at all. He's just a rock.
Watching that highlight reel, the thing that stood out the most to me was how he never really moved on contact. There was some big contact, with the other guy coming fast, and Medium-Z barely gets moved. Thats a solid man.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Fwiw, I don't think you're wrong about needing one more playing driving wing to make that lineup sing, but I think they looked at what they had to spend, $5m, and decided there isn't an impact forward available at that number, but there is an impact defenseman.
I think this is likely right. I am also not sure there was ever a viable shot at getting the top UFA forwards even if the B's cleared another 3-4 million in cap space. It just seemed like those guys knew exactly where they wanted to be, and that place was the state of Florida. Between signing a second tier forward (DeBrusk/Bertuzzi) or Zadorov, I think we probably made the right move value-wise.

The plan is probably to play prospects (Lysell/Merkulov) up to the deadline, then aggressively target a proven forward. I just doubt the type of difference maker we need will be available at a price we can pay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad