Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Canucks fan coming in peace.

If you get the Zadorov we saw in the playoffs, he's worth the contract. Great skater for his size (will rush the puck up here and there) and an intimidating physical presence.

However it's a small sample size, and for most of his career he's been a bottom-pairing guy with a tantalizing toolbox but was prone to too many dumb mistakes and penalties.

He really kept those mistakes to a minimum once he landed in Vancouver, and played a very solid physical game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Methinks he’ll be a fan favourite - even if he stays as he has been his whole career, which is a guy who runs hot and cold. But when he runs hot, look the eff out. He was outstanding in the post season this year - his transition game was great, he provided a ton of offense, and he pounded opposing players. Everyone had to be aware when he was on the ice.

And if he manages to find that gear consistently…ugh. For me. Not for you. :laugh:

Personally, I’d have happily signed him to this deal to keep him in Vancouver.

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
Just watching a few of his hits tells me Zadorov will be a cult hero, a la Quaider, about 1.2 seconds into his first shift.

Defensemen with snarl are the best type of defensemen. I saw on Twitter today that McAvoy is now the smallest defenseman on the team.

Precisely what this team needed

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Just watching a few of his hits tells me Zadorov will be a cult hero, a la Quaider, about 1.2 seconds into his first shift.

Defensemen with snarl are the best type of defensemen. I saw on Twitter today that McAvoy is now the smallest defenseman on the team.

Precisely what this team needed

I think Mac is bigger than Wotherspoon, at least heftier anyway, but yeah it's a very large group- maybe the biggest in the league now?

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad