Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
This is Sam Bennett and Matthew Tkachuk's fault. This is Sweeney recognizing the Bruins might have to get past those two nuances multiple times in future playoffs.

Zadorov is basically "The Final Boss" as far as physical D-men go in the NHL today. He's to D-men what Tom Wilson in his prime was to forwards. Ultimately this is the price that they had to pay to employ one of the more unique specimens in the game.

When compared to the deals other physical left-shot D-men got today, this is probably one of the better contracts. This guy is a tank and has been very durable. He should fit the system well.
I just watched a collection of his hits on YouTube. We got Chara back ! He skates well for a big guy and hits like a Mack truck .

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not a fan of the contract, and think fans need to look at him as a 3rd pairing quality player but perhaps the Bruins system and McAvoy/Carlo can cover for him more.

Be aware he will chase a hit as Phaneuf did and his partner needs to be playing conservatively as a result.

The size and toughness however, is most welcome. He will be a perfect Bruin.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Zadorov is a beast that hits and can fight.He is a good skater and will jump in on rush alot more then people think.His only drawback is he wanders out of position a bit to much.Really strong signing overall.Hope this works out here 6 yrs.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
You guys will love Zaddy. A true heart and soul type guy.

He's a solid #5 guy who can step up in bigger moments(he played like a top 4 defenseman in the playoffs for us). Consistency and doing too much are his biggest problems, but man when he keeps his game simple, he's a terror for the opposing team. He's such a pest, and he's got a very decent shot from the point. He hits like a truck, and a single hit can change the outcome of a game.

We will miss him in Vancouver, but you guys will absolutely love him!

Last edited:

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011

Most feared hitter in pro hockey since Byfuglien.

14 goals second only to Makar in 23.

Perfect playoff D and a great complimentary partner to McAvoy. I have wanted to go after him for years and I'm very happy that our general manager is nailing this offseason!

6'6 235 lbs. Goliath acquired for the Defense! :popcorn:

Zadorov is already winning me over with quotes like this:
1719874821233.png

This guy respects hockey history. LFG!

Darnit you found it first @Dellstrom

Still my respect for Big Zad increased after reading that quote.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Some zadorov highlight cannot wait for this.

Can’t wait until things get chippy and the bruins throw out

Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Zadorov-peeke

I love that Sweeney toughened up this team. I wonder if it ignites Frederic a little more knowing that this is the team going forward too.

in a potential line scrum situation, I'd throw Frederic in the middle between Jones/Kastelic.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Some zadorov highlight cannot wait for this.

Can’t wait until things get chippy and the bruins throw out

Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Zadorov-peeke

I love that Sweeney toughened up this team. I wonder if it ignites Frederic a little more knowing that this is the team going forward too.
Can't help but wonder, especially if they pair together, if it will rub off on Carlo a bit.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This is Sam Bennett and Matthew Tkachuk's fault. This is Sweeney recognizing the Bruins might have to get past those two nuances multiple times in future playoffs.

Zadorov is basically "The Final Boss" as far as physical D-men go in the NHL today. He's to D-men what Tom Wilson in his prime was to forwards. Ultimately this is the price that they had to pay to employ one of the more unique specimens in the game.

When compared to the deals other physical left-shot D-men got today, this is probably one of the better contracts. This guy is a tank and has been very durable. He should fit the system well.

Mean this sincerely.

I liked the deal from the jump, but I feel even better with your endorsement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad