Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Most feared hitter in pro hockey since Byfuglien.

14 goals second only to Makar in 23.

Perfect playoff D and a great complimentary partner to McAvoy. I have wanted to go after him for years and I'm very happy that our general manager is nailing this offseason!

I am really looking forward to seeing him out there for Boston!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This is Sam Bennett and Matthew Tkachuk's fault. This is Sweeney recognizing the Bruins might have to get past those two nuances multiple times in future playoffs.

Zadorov is basically "The Final Boss" as far as physical D-men go in the NHL today. He's to D-men what Tom Wilson in his prime was to forwards. Ultimately this is the price that they had to pay to employ one of the more unique specimens in the game.

When compared to the deals other physical left-shot D-men got today, this is probably one of the better contracts. This guy is a tank and has been very durable. He should fit the system well.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I am not 100% sold on New Z (just haven't watched him enough) but I like the size and physicality and hey, got the big fella for less cap hit, less term than Debrusk cost the 'nucks

Players HAVE to be happy with this acquisition

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Give you guys a little scouting report on him on his time in Vancouver.

Zadorov hits like a truck, and when he’s on, he dictates games.

He skates extremely well, and has a great personality, you guys will find that out pretty quickly.

Stick up for teammates also, has a little bit of offensive potential, but does make a few defensive mistakes from time to time.

He was our best defender in the playoffs, and a huge key in the Canucks run.

He’s your typical Boston Bruins type of player, you guys will enjoy him, just try to manage his minutes until the playoffs, he’s more of a number 4/5 guy

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I have no idea how any Bruin can can’t love this deal. We have gotten pushed around too long. This year’s team make up says we are going to start doing the pushing.
This.

Give you guys a little scouting report on him on his time in Vancouver.

Zadorov hits like a truck, and when he’s on, he dictates games.

He skates extremely well, and has a great personality, you guys will find that out pretty quickly.

Stick up for teammates also, has a little bit of offensive potential, but does make a few defensive mistakes from time to time.

He was our defender in the playoffs, and a huge key in the Canucks run.

He’s your typical Boston Bruins type of player, you guys will enjoy him, just try to manage his minutes until the playoffs, he’s more of a number 4/5 guy
Thanks for this, man. Good insight.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
This is one deal where logic and reason dictates that he is going to be paid too much and for too long and that we’re gonna bang our heads on it for the next six seasons.

And yet I can’t bring myself to be truly critical of it. Because I just f***ing love Zadorov.

So… f*** it. Ecstatic he’s here. Is there a better “match” in the NHL than Zadorov and the Bruins? I’m buying a jersey.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
This is one deal where logic and reason dictates that he is going to be paid too much and for too long and that we’re gonna bang our heads on it for the next six seasons.

And yet I can’t bring myself to be truly critical of it. Because I just f***ing love Zadorov.

So… f*** it. Ecstatic he’s here. Is there a better “match” in the NHL than Zadorov and the Bruins? I’m buying a jersey.
At this point let's just enjoy it, he's going to be fun to watch so f*** it welcome to the team Zaddy

Reactions: Ladyfan

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Love this signing. He was my #2 target behind Lindholm. He is going to bring so much swagger to this team/defense and I think McAvoy is going to elevate Zadorov's game.

I also think the contract is going to age well. I think he's in the top pair for the next few years and in 3-4 years the cap is going to be over $100m. You'll be lucky if $5m buys you a 3rd pair D at that point.

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Love this signing. He was my #2 target behind Lindholm. He is going to bring so much swagger to this team/defense and I think McAvoy is going to elevate Zadorov's game.
I’ll go so far as to say I think they’ll elevate each other. Zadorov is the kind of guy who makes everyone around him bigger and more confident.

I’m having a real tough time being too upset about adding Lindholm, not being able to fill a big hole on the RW AND despite talking about the need for speed - arguably getting slower.

That’s how much I love Zadorov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad