Dreger: Nikita Okhotyuk has signed a 2 year deal with CSKA (KHL)

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
who-guardians-of-the-galaxy-gif.gif

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Clearly this guy is either a career AHLer or he heads back to Europe. He tried to make a career here but isn’t good enough. More money for him in Russia.
Not too sure what Dregger is going on about with his Russian Ban comment.

Reactions: themelkman

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Clearly this guy is either a career AHLer or he heads back to Europe. He tried to make a career here but isn’t good enough. More money for him in Russia.
Not too sure what Dregger is going on about with his Russian Ban comment.
He was fine with the Sharks. Just couldn’t stay healthy. As soon as he got a run of games, he’d get some weird little injury again. I think if he could stay healthy, he could carve out a career as a good third pairing D. Probably more money in Russia though.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He was fine with the Sharks. Just couldn’t stay healthy. As soon as he got a run of games, he’d get some weird little injury again. I think if he could stay healthy, he could carve out a career as a good third pairing D. Probably more money in Russia though.
And he’s from Russia. No reason why he shouldn’t want to play at home if it’s not working for him here. Dregger’s comment about the Russian ban makes no sense.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Surprising…like the player, figured he would get a good chance in Calgary to establish himself as an everyday NHLer.

Reactions: Chainshot

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
A lot of competition at LD in Calgary in his age group. I think he would be AHL bound next season.
Do they have a lot of LD prospects coming up looking to make the jump to the NHL?

I was looking at capfriendly and thought the 3LD spot looked wild open for the flames but I’m far from an expert on their prospect pool…

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Do they have a lot of LD prospects coming up looking to make the jump to the NHL?

I was looking at capfriendly and thought the 3LD spot looked wild open for the flames but I’m far from an expert on their prospect pool…
Kylington, Solovyov, Kuznetsov, Grushinkov, Poirier, Hanley, Gilbert (if he re-signs) will all be competing for a spot this upcoming season.

Of that list Kylington will most likely slot in a 2LD with Hanley at 3LD barring an acquisition or a young guy making the jump.

I think Solovyov and Poirier could easily earn the 3LD spot. Easily as in they are ready and have to earn it.

Great. Flames gave up a 5th round pick for this guy. I was not happy with this trade when it happened. And now it seems like a waste.
Not really a waste in my books. He was insurance at the time and if they re-qualify him, he can spend two more years developing in his home country.

Ledge And Dairy

Kylington, Solovyov, Kuznetsov, Grushinkov, Poirier, Hanley, Gilbert (if he re-signs) will all be competing for a spot this upcoming season.

Of that list Kylington will most likely slot in a 2LD with Hanley at 3LD barring an acquisition or a young guy making the jump.

I think Solovyov and Poirier could easily earn the 3LD spot. Easily as in they are ready and have to earn it.

Not really a waste in my books. He was insurance at the time and if they re-qualify him, he can spend two more years developing in his home country.
I think there is a very decent chance Poirier makes the team. He was one of the last cuts from camp last year and we had far more depth on the blue line then. Hanley will probably be #7. I don't think Gilbert comes back tbh

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Guy is not bad, can throw his weight around on top of playing solid D. Surprised he isn't wanted as a bottom pairing guy.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad