Tribute Nicklas Grossman

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Screenshot_3.png

What are you guys memories of him? What did he bring to the ice?

Flyers fans disliked him, but how did he do with Dallas?

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Glad hockey has moved past plugs like him being considered too pairing D

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I thought he passed away for a second with this thread. I remember the days of Fistric, Niskanen, Grossman being the core good bankruptcy times
good grief same.

saw this guy play in des moines when the baby stars were there. he stood out as miles above the rest of the players on the ice. never really did anything much at the nhl level though.

Reactions: LT

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
similar to guys like Jordie Benn, and Hakanpaa .. they did what they had to do but were easily replaceable.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Will always remember that he ended up having his name misspelled in Dallas the entire time

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I actually don't remember much about Grossman from that era (which is probably a good thing). He was the partner of Robidas for a couple of years (the top-pair, which is crazy). But he never did anything that really stood out (once again, not a bad thing). Robidas was the #1 d-man when Zubov left, Fistric made big hits, Daley was essentially a 4th forward, and Skrastins (R.I.P.) was the craziest shot blocker I've seen (even crazier than Tanev).

Last edited:
Reactions: piqued

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
You guys are pretty harsh. He was a solid defensive defenseman. Niewy couldn't afford to keep Grossman during the bankruptcy years, but he at least got second and third-round draft picks for him from Philly, who must have known our financial situation.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Daley-Robidas
Skrastins-Grossman
Fistric-Niskanen

2010 home opener featured these 6 defenseman. Goligoski was added in the last quarter of the season. Woywitka played 63 games as well. That team ended up with 42 wins.

Kari really screwed us during our supposed tank years, then screwed us again when we finally had a solid team. I loved Kari though, gave us some really entertaining play during those god awful years. Wish those injuries never caught up with him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Will always remember that he ended up having his name misspelled in Dallas the entire time

Stars spelled him with just 1 S and he never said a word about it for some reason . Incredibly wierd when that came out after he was moved to Philly.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Stars spelled him with just 1 S and he never said a word about it for some reason . Incredibly wierd when that came out after he was moved to Philly.

Think it was two Ns at the end and we only ever used one

IIRC it was noticed on a flight to Philly after he signed and he said he just never cared enough to say anything

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Think it was two Ns at the end and we only ever used one

IIRC it was noticed on a flight to Philly after he signed and he said he just never cared enough to say anything

Yep it was the N's not the S .

Was this already a thing in Sweden too because they must've seen his play back there too ? Trying to find old pictures from before he came to NA but i'm not sure thats still available.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad