Value of: Nick Schmaltz

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
3 years left @ $5.85 AAV, What would Arizona be looking to get back ?

coyotes head players just to get to the floor

they are 8/5/2 at $45M

if the floor is $62M they need 4/2/1 at $17M to get to the floor.

guess they could acquire Price.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
$5.85M cap hit versus $8.5M actual salary annually over the next 3 years.

Yes, that would motivate AZ to trade him, and it would therefore also lower his trade value.
Salary is $7.5M, $8.45M, and $8.5M the next 3 seasons, so slightly below that average, but it's a back heavy contract once the 10 team NTC kicks in. I'd like to get him on the Jets but that actual salary is more than the Jets are paying Kyle Connor, which is problematic.

I suspect he gets moved to help the tank, but where is a more difficult answer...

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Keller and Schmaltz have such great chemistry. But if the Coyotes fall out of contention by the trade deadline, I wouldn't be surprised if he could pried away with an offer like this.
Yea I thought the offer was fair. Could be a nice win-win.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Keller and Schmaltz have such great chemistry. But if the Coyotes fall out of contention by the trade deadline, I wouldn't be surprised if he could pried away with an offer like this.
I think the Coyotes are 1 decent D away from getting over the bubble and into the playoffs.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think the Coyotes are 1 decent D away from getting over the bubble and into the playoffs.
I think we're just too shallow at C and D to overcome injuries over the course of the season. When the injury bug hits like it currently is, we're going to struggle more. But they've certainly been fun to watch this year and Keller and Schmaltz on the PP is so pretty. That Keller goal last night from Schmaltz and Cooley makes me think they'll build some chemistry 5-on-5. And they hung tough and beat Vegas, so maybe you're right. I just hope they can hang tough through about game 50 or so. Anything after that is just gravy for this season.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I think we're just too shallow at C and D to overcome injuries over the course of the season. When the injury bug hits like it currently is, we're going to struggle more. But they've certainly been fun to watch this year and Keller and Schmaltz on the PP is so pretty. That Keller goal last night from Schmaltz and Cooley makes me think they'll build some chemistry 5-on-5. And they hung tough and beat Vegas, so maybe you're right. I just hope they can hang tough through about game 50 or so. Anything after that is just gravy for this season.
I just read Lyle's web site and he reported that GMBA is searching for a trade(s). Unfortunately it is still too early in the season for the type of trade Armstrong would want, but the 'Yotes do have an overabundance of draft assets to make a trade.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
I disagree

He'll be 27 at the end of February, so he's entering his prime at a time when the Coyotes are in the early stages of a rebuild

If he's a difference-maker on the ice, that could lead to a few additional wins, and ultimately hurt the team's chances of landing the 1st overall pick in a future draft. Then in 3 years when the team is attempting to emerge from a rebuild without having drafted a franchise player, they'll either trade Schmaltz in his contract year, let him walk in UFA, or sign him to a long term contract that is now exiting his prime

Or, they can trade him for picks/prospects, and then use that now available money/cap space to take on a cap dump along with the picks/prospects that come with it

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
No reason for Arizona to move him
Doesn't that depend entirely on the return?

There could also be a financial incentive to moving him, which would be a reason, thus negating your claim

Yeah, they should star in a rom-com together

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Makes no sense for a team with shitload of picks already and looking to add to the team
Again, it could make financial sense

But as mentioned, it depends entirely on the return

If Edmonton offers McDavid straight up for Schmaltz, would you be standing firm on your current position that it "makes no sense"?

Your statement simply doesn't hold up to a modicum of scrutiny

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Again, it could make financial sense

But as mentioned, it depends entirely on the return

If Edmonton offers McDavid straight up for Schmaltz, would you be standing firm on your current position that it "makes no sense"?

Your statement simply doesn't hold up to a modicum of scrutiny
Your hypothetical offer of Edmonton offering McDavid for him makes no sense.
So you don’t have to like my post but yours right here is just plain ole silly my man.

Reactions: banks

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Makes no sense for a team with shitload of picks already and looking to add to the team
Sooner or later you'll have to offer contracts to the draftees. 50 is the limit and that would be a problem if all you do is collect draft picks. It would be bad asset management. Now is the time to move some of the draft assets to improve the on ice product.

Reactions: banks

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Sooner or later you'll have to offer contracts to the draftees. 50 is the limit and that would be a problem if all you do is collect draft picks. It would be bad asset management. Now is the time to move some of the draft assets to improve the on ice product.
Agreed not trade players for more picks

Reactions: banks and Schemp

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I just read Lyle's web site and he reported that GMBA is searching for a trade(s). Unfortunately it is still too early in the season for the type of trade Armstrong would want, but the 'Yotes do have an overabundance of draft assets to make a trade.
Who's Lyle and what is his website? 😁

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad