TSN: Nick Robertson requests trade from Toronto

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Please Dubas be all over this

Oh he will be, Nick Robertson is one of his boys.

IF Nick Robertson is traded, and I'm not convinced he's going anywhere because he's Nick Robertson he has no leverage.

But IF Nick Robertson is traded I'd fully expect Dubas to be all over him, and I think the Leafs get a decent price if it's Dubas who lands him.

Dubas tends to pay up.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
why would he ask for a trade now? I mean Leafs are tight against the cap and he likely has a better opportunity right now then on most teams.
but if he doesnt wanna be here then cya bud

What’s his value in a draft pick, a third?
yeah I wouldnt trade him for a 3rd. Id just force him to play or sit out the season. sorry bud but your value doesnt justify moving you right now.
Im all for moving players that dont wanna be here. but why give him up for just a 3rd. rather have him pissed off then happy with that return

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think from a draft perspective, Leafs would be looking for a mid 2nd to an early 3rd.

He hardly got any PP time last year but has a great shot, 20-30 goals in the right situation is possible.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Like others have said, he’s a future 20-30 goal scorer. I don’t want to trade him, but if he doesn’t want to be a part of the team then that’s not a good mentality to have in the dressing room. It will probably be a 2nd from an American team with a spare 2nd and a need for goals.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
One dimensional small player that can't check or play d. No one wants those if they score 14 goals.
he did that in 56 games averaging 11 mins and in the bottom 6, with pretty much zero PP time.
any team would want to add him.
He is also not 1 dimensional, as he was hitting people and stripping pucks in the playoffs, and was driving his line, and if not for a few brilliant saves by Swayman could have potted a few goals too.
He was one of the few players that actually had decent shots on net.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Did he make this request before or after Bertuzzi signed elsewhere?

Because him leaving creates an opportunity for him - With Knies likely locked into the top line leaving Robertson & McCann competing for the #2 LW slot. At worst he's #3 and I can't imagine there are many teams he's jumping into a higher spot than that right now.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
why would he ask for a trade now? I mean Leafs are tight against the cap and he likely has a better opportunity right now then on most teams.
but if he doesnt wanna be here then cya bud

yeah I wouldnt trade him for a 3rd. Id just force him to play or sit out the season. sorry bud but your value doesnt justify moving you right now.
Im all for moving players that dont wanna be here. but why give him up for just a 3rd. rather have him pissed off then happy with that return

It's a really weird time to ask for one.

Little leverage.
Played at times out of the line up / emotions.

The Leafs have been there for all his injuries. Sign a 1 year deal and see what happens next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad