Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson asks for trade

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I find it amusing that when a player is trying to maximize his development because he doesn't see the chance of it occurring here, there are a number of fans who spit venom at the kid. That said, there's no reason to trade him unless a return is to your liking. He has no leverage. If he wishes to sit the year and weaken his development curve, that's his choice and he'll have to deal with the consequences of his decision. I don't know who Robertson's agent is, but could this be an 'agent' play?

I like the kid's confidence in himself. I think he can be a player, a scorer in a league where that's the most valuable skill, but he's a complimentary line mate, not a line driver.

Apologies to whomever it was who suggested Utah as a destination, I think they mentioned either McBain or Bjugstad, but I would happily send NR, Kamph + to Utah for McBain.

The kid is acting very entitled relative to what little he’s done in the league with the zero leverage he holds.

If he’s not seeing an opportunity and wants a fresh start, well Berube offers the fresh start. But apparently he doesn’t want to prove himself in camp.

If he felt like he was getting jerked around on cap management, well that’s what happens to a 13th forward or a 7th defenseman on an ELC. But now he’s so big time he’s not going to sign a deal with Toronto?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm sure we have Marlies that can replace him. Or they can sign someone like Oloffson

Look at guys like Nylander and Raddysh who have better draft pedigree or have produced more in the league who didn’t even get qualified. And he’s the one not signing with Toronto.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
If I'm the Leafs, I reject this request.

He'll get more minutes this year. We need the depth scoring even more than last year at this point.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Sayonara if you don't wanna be here. Problem is you got no leverage kid.

New coach is here, its almost like if you are traded to a new team.

Leafs should trade him to NJ so he can get shafted under Keefe again lol.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Look at guys like Nylander and Raddysh who have better draft pedigree or have produced more in the league who didn’t even get qualified. And he’s the one not signing with Toronto.

Nylander hasn't produced more (barely), but he wasn't qualified most likely because he had a big year in production in a few games, so the arbitration might give him too much.

Raddysh hasn't produced more.

Robertson is also 22 and 3 years younger than the 2 players you mentioned, there's more upside with him, that is the issue.

I think giving up on Robertson is a mistake, but if they can't make room, not much else to do.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Tell him to F off and work hard to impress Berube. Plenty of opportunity in the top 6 at LW as things stand, prove you deserve it. Tre is a moron if he gives him away for nothing just because he asked. DeBrusk asked for a trade and the Bruins kept him for years afterwards.
He won a job two straight camps and still was put down because they could. He's "worked hard".

With the focus on D today, there is a spot for him no question.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
1) Robertson is right to be pissed how Keefe used him
2) he's kind of dumb for asking to be traded when he's likely to get his best opportunity yet this season
3) we could use another 20g + in the top 9 at an affordable cap hit
4) best option is to strong arm him into a cheap 1 year deal and go from there

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
You know what, if this is true, good riddance.
We don’t need that kind of entitlement
I don’t think he was managed well by Keefe and management at all, but our cap is our cap and him being waiver exempt dictates some moves that needed to happen and he was always quickly recalled when we needed to exercise that move.
This is also a way to kill player careers. The players who have left the Leafs have done better for their careers so probably a smart move on his part. This is a shit run organization

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Why? Is he a baby?
He should get stronger and earn some playing time
Is he being a baby?

Always felt like he got the short end of the stick from Keefe. Talent is definitely there but it seemed like he was always the first to get yanked from the lineup.

We didn’t really get to see a consistent opportunity from him

I hope he sticks around.

Reactions: francis246

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
it's like Jonathan drouin when hebwas im tampa, moved back in AHL, didn't want to play anymore and stay at home...

At the end, if you want a real oppurtunity just work for it because whatever where you will be, it will not be easier.

If you thinking you deserve more, just work harder to prove they was wrong... it's not by being frustrating and asking for trade than you will change your own destiny.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
He has no leverage. I’m assuming that Berube told him he wasn’t his type of player. They can always deal him to pitts. We know Dubas likes him.
They should at least try to offer him to Dubas....he just went back to his usual habits and signed tiny Mac Holliwell....never change...never change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad