Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson asks for trade

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
But it's coming out regardless because he isn't signing. I guess you're saying shut up and let Tre trade him, but his agent would have no interest not letting it be known.
It would have taken at least a month before it became obvious there was a problem. It’s pretty normal to not have RFA’s signed until well into the summer.
Having this come out publicly makes it harder to trade the player because everyone knows he wants out. Now the only way to get leverage back to play hardball with him.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It would have taken at least a month before it became obvious there was a problem. It’s pretty normal to not have RFA’s signed until well into the summer.
Having this come out publicly makes it harder to trade the player because everyone knows he wants out. Now the only way to get leverage back to play hardball with him.
He can still sit, this is TO too, it's coming out.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
If he sits out his value won't ever come back.
He won't sit out for 5 years. At a certain point you have to play hardball...and if you can't play hardball with f***ing Nick Robertson, then there is nobody you can play hardball with. Robertson objectively loses out way more sitting out anyways if they Leafs are missing out on a 4th round pick lol who gives a damn about that.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Fair enough. I'm allowed to be pissed at a guy who doesn't want to be a Leaf.

Making millions of dollars and he comes out saying he doesn't want to be a Leaf because he hasn't done enough.

I like Robertson too.

Then play hardball with him and see how that goes. Keep a guy around that says he doesn't want to be a Leaf in the locker room.
Well thats just it. Play hard ball with him. Whats he going to do. Sit out? Well if he's willing to sacrifice his career than sure he can go ahead. He has no power here. Leafs need to wait this out. I rather not look back in regret years later knowing we could have stood firm but didn't.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Seems odd our depth guys keep requesting trades. Mikheyev, Sandin(allegedly), and now Robertson. I know Engvall requested one at some point as well.

Not sure if it's worth reading into or not.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Would have liked to see what he could have done under a new coach and system
But frankly speaking, I am not going to lose my sleep over it.

He has shown flashes that he can score but there are few players up the depth chart. Knies particularly and emergence of McMann. Holmberg hasn't looked out of place either especially defensively

Hope we can get something value in return

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Always liked him, always said he's got a shot to be a 25 goal scorer and after he scored 15 in not even a full season I still believe that.

That being said if you are to cowardly to be here f*** you, don't need you.

Reactions: fahad203

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
q
The team entitlement is spreading to the borderline NHL players. Good luck Chief.

This isn’t isolated to the leafs. Jake Debrusk literally did this last off season with the Bruins. It’s normal for players to feel frustrated. Especially on this team when as a depth player you get no power play time at all. If I was a young NHL player the leafs would probably be close to the bottom of teams id want to go to as a forward. No opportunity to grow and zero power play time.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Well thats just it. Play hard ball with him. Whats he going to do. Sit out? Well if he's willing to sacrifice his career than sure he can go ahead. He has no power here. Leafs need to wait this out. I rather not look back in regret years later knowing we could have stood firm but didn't.
In all fairness I know what you're saying and it is a good way to look at it.

Just tired of guys not wanting to be a Leaf.

Signing the top guys the way they have probably hasn't helped that either.

Reactions: stickty111

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
q

This isn’t isolated to the leafs. Jake Debrusk literally did this last off season with the Bruins. It’s normal for players to feel frustrated. Especially on this team when as a depth player you get no power play time at all. If I was a young NHL player the leafs would probably be close to the bottom of teams id want to go to as a forward. No opportunity to grow and zero power play time.
Asking for a trade and saying you have no intentions of singing seems a bit more harsh.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
See if he can return as, or as part of a package to return, a 3/4 C with potential.

Carolina could use a scoring LW, and have Jack Drury burried at C.
Detroit doesn't seem to like Joe Veleno.
Utah could use a scorer and could spare one of Nick Bjugtsad or Jack McBain

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
In all fairness I know what you're saying and it is a good way to look at it.

Just tired of guys not wanting to be a Leaf.

Signing the top guys the way they have probably hasn't helped that either.

I don’t think it’s not so much Robertson doesn’t want to be a leaf. But there is no opportunity to grow here as a forward. I think it’s unreasonable to expect an offensive winger to enjoy being a fourth liner and get no shot at playing on the power play. That’s just not his role and the team is setting him up to fail by playing him in positions he just won’t succeed in.

That being said, you have to let him sit out until he agrees to sign, which he will! Unless theirs a GM willing to trade for him. Maybe Dubas will.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I don’t think it’s not so much Robertson doesn’t want to be a leaf. But there is no opportunity to grow here as a forward. I think it’s unreasonable to expect an offensive winger to enjoy being a fourth liner and get no shot at playing on the power play. That’s just not his role and the team is setting him up to fail by playing him in positions he just won’t succeed in.

That being said, you have to let him sit out until he agrees to sign, which he will! Unless theirs a GM willing to trade for him. Maybe Dubas will.
I guess they have to see what happens but if they can trade him now you do it.

Him sitting isn't going to help.

Reactions: francis246

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
The time to rebuild was summer 2023

Decade of darkness beginning very soon.

Dubas f***ed us 2021-2023, treliving here for 2024-2026
As clear as day, I saw the issues right after the Columbus series. It could not have been any clearer to me what needed to done. It was ever so simple. That was 5 years back.

The Leafs are not serious about winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00