Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson asks for trade

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Robertson has had chances to show what he can do but he gets knocked off pucks way too easily and doesn't have the lower body strength to play effectively along the boards.

There is also a fault on Toronto's end for not utilizing his lethal shot enough on the PP.

Reactions: Ciao and francis246

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I honestly couldn't give one **** about what he wants

If we can get value back trade him and if we can't he can eat it, he's 22 years old and he hasn't earned anything yet

I'm through letting these players getting whatever they want, whenever they want it

How about he sits until we get what we want for a change

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Too bad, cheap talent, secondary scoring. People droning on about how Lil never gets a fair shot, this kid is the poster child. Every off shift he's benched the next game, never really given any minutes, pp time.

Bookmark this post, he pots 25 when he leaves. Shame to lose him, but I can't blame the kid. Injuries and misuse.

Oh yeah he’s been screwed around no doubt. Him acting this way now when he was finally starting to look like an NHLer is certainly frustrating though

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I don’t even mind that the player wants an opportunity elsewhere. But making it public complicates things.
Now you have to hard ball him.
Wouldn't we find out tonight when he doesn't accept their qualifier? It's going public anyways.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The timing seems a little strange since he's coming off a season in which he received his best opportunity yet. I'm a bit disappointed by this news.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I've always been very much about team first... you don't want to be a Leaf... f*** off.

I don't want to hear excuses. Trade him and get what you can. Bye.
I'm sorry but thats awful mentality as a fan. You don't trade him for a bad return just because he doesn't want to be here.
Lets see him score 25 with his new team and all we get is a 6th. Would you be happy than? How about logically we wait this out. If you don't get a valued return, keep him. He has no leverage. Imagine if Boston did what you are saying with Debrusk?

Reactions: ToMaLe and arso40

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Oh yeah he’s been screwed around no doubt. Him acting this way now when he was finally starting to look like an NHLer is certainly frustrating though
Was a perfect cheap depth guy for next year, now we will get some professional tryout plug.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I'm sorry but thats awful mentality as a fan. You don't trade him for a bad return just because he doesn't want to be here.
Lets see him score 25 with his new team and all we get is a 6th. Would you be happy than? How about logically we wait this out. If you don't get a valued return, keep him. He has no leverage. Imagine if Boston did what you are saying with Debrusk?
Fair enough. I'm allowed to be pissed at a guy who doesn't want to be a Leaf.

Making millions of dollars and he comes out saying he doesn't want to be a Leaf because he hasn't done enough.

I like Robertson too.

Then play hardball with him and see how that goes. Keep a guy around that says he doesn't want to be a Leaf in the locker room.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
No? Almost no one accepts their qualifying offer.
Him not accepting it would have been seen as pretty standard.
But it's coming out regardless because he isn't signing. I guess you're saying shut up and let Tre trade him, but his agent would have no interest not letting it be known.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Keefe's fault that its come to this. Guy didn't give a shit about anyone younger than 25 unless their cap hit was greater than 6 million.

That being said we have a new coach. Why now? If his value is limited then he can f*** off with his request. Sign or sit. You have 5 years to wait before you get to UFA. Have fun waiting. If they can get what they think he's worth then fine. But they'll get offered a 3rd or whatever. No thanks. Time to play hardball

Reactions: stickty111

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
This was easy to see coming. No surprises here. Hopefully we can move him for another forward looking for a change of scenery.

Reactions: TMLAM34

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
don;t blame him

Wingers at present above him:
Nylander, Marner, Domi, Knies, McMann, potentially soon Bertuzzi, Robertson ain't gonna cut it.

Good luck with another team except against the Leafs there Robertson

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

This is probably years of frustration boiling over though. I doubt this was a decision made yesterday. And we should be careful, how do we know this info wasn’t leaked by the leafs?

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Curious how may 20 goal pace guys last year averaged 11 minutes? Also, people forget the kid only had 31 games under his belt this season, he was in no way shape or form a matured asset.

I get his limitations, but he has a great shot and a fantastic motor. I thought he was just starting to play within himself and was looking more and more defensively responsible. 26 year old Robertson, I bet we regret losing him for a low return. But anyways, you could sense his frustration last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00