Rumor: Nick Pryor to be new Avs Head of Amateur Scouting?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Different orgs structure things differently, but my guess here is Harris would oversee both amatuer and pro. Where both will have heads who organizes the regional scouts.

IMO Harris is the next GM of the Avs and they are just grooming him for the role.

Rantanen seeing this news:

R.f16d5b4539d04b0864bd631ba6e23951
More like

Deadsy

May 8, 2021
More like little peninsula. I don't see how you can translate niemi into horn.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They drafted him at 14th overall, the highest with Pryor in charge and he has yet to receive a contract is a curious situation.
Yeah but it’s up to the GM to sign him not the scout, unless you just brought it up in general. It just sounded like you’re blaming Pryor for that

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Idk why they didnt take a chance on Pierre Dorion or someone with experience like him.
There's even guys who are in the medias right now that i would have considered, people like Craig Button. I'm willing to give a chance to the new guy , but stricly looking at his draft reccord in pittsburgh it's not stellar.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Idk why they didnt take a chance on Pierre Dorion or someone with experience like him.
There's even guys who are in the medias right now that i would have considered, people like Craig Button. I'm willing to give a chance to the new guy , but stricly looking at his draft reccord in pittsburgh it's not stellar.
TBF they did take a guy with NHL amatuer head scout experience here. Klipp, Hepple, and Pracey were not head scouts in the NHL before. Hampson was the last one to be a head guy elsewhere prior to his role on the Avs.

Dorion will end up with a AGM role somewhere eventually.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I doubt he wants a head scout job, even less so for a team that will not draft much in the next 5-6 years.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Dorion probably wants more $ and resources than the Avs want to give.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad