Value of: Nick Perbix to Minnesota

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
More of a scouting thread, but also wondering what it would take to get Nick Perbix to Minnesota.

I see Minnesota trying to add a big right handed dman that can play solid 2-way hockey at 5v5, is physical, and is an excellent penalty killer. This would be Spurgeon insurance in case he has more injury issues this upcoming season.

How would you describe the player and what would it take to acquire him via trade?

Ledge And Dairy

Assuming Sergachev is moving back to the right side now and the plan is to play Lilleberg/Crozier, I think Tampa would be happy with a 4th for Perbix.

As for his play, he's a solid 3rd pair guy. He's good defensively and can block shots well but I wouldn't say physicality is a strong suit of his. He doesn't shy away from physicality or anything, but don't expect him to throw his weight too much or flatten people

Reactions: Digitalbooya

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
More of a scouting thread, but also wondering what it would take to get Nick Perbix to Minnesota.

I see Minnesota trying to add a big right handed dman that can play solid 2-way hockey at 5v5, is physical, and is an excellent penalty killer. This would be Spurgeon insurance in case he has more injury issues this upcoming season.

How would you describe the player and what would it take to acquire him via trade?
Perbix + your 7th back for your 4th if not your 5th?

Perbix isn't really any of those things besides being big. We'll he could be if you get the right version of him. He put up ok numbers this year but wasn't very good at any aspect of the game. He's a bottom pair guy who's not very physical for his size, so you don't want him on your top PK but can be ok on the 2nd unit if need be.

He doesn't make much so no real need to move him and he gives us depth in case Crozier and Lilleberg take a step back. But also isn't someone we would miss if we moved him and we do need some draft capital so is most likely available if a good offer came in.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Let's get this deal done! A big RHD who is cheap. Maybe not that good, but let's face it, all he has to be is better than Merrill. Pretty low bar.

Still remember watching Nick and his brother playing HS hockey.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Let's get this deal done! A big RHD who is cheap. Maybe not that good, but let's face it, all he has to be is better than Merrill. Pretty low bar.

Still remember watching Nick and his brother playing HS hockey.
Perbix and jeannot for a 3rd. We need to find another point .

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Perbix and jeannot for a 3rd. We need to find another point .
I’d easily beat that deal if I was devils GM. Would love jeannot in NJ they need more tough players that can play hockey. Perbix would be good depth. He has always looked good against NJ to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ana Crusis

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I’d easily beat that deal if I was devils GM. Would love jeannot in NJ they need more tough players than can play hockey. Perbix would be good depth. He has always looked good against NJ to me.
Please do. Jeannott can fight but he is pretty useless so far in Tampa when he isn't punching people in the face. He needs a fresh start with a team that caters to his skill and play style.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I could see Utah offering one or multiple picks if they prefer him to any of the prospects coming up or potentially even in the top 4 to pair with Durzi/Moser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad