Value of: Nick Paul

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
I know this is a value thread, and some of them seem pretty fair but the last thing Ottawa needs is more magic beans in draft picks (except for lotto picks). We need to start assembling an NHL roster and trading Paul for picks will just drag this pain out longer.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Sens won't trade Paul unless they get an offer they can't refuse or if he's part of a bigger deal so chances are that he stays in Ottawa.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
His value to Ottawa is much greater than the market value right now.

He's been arguably our most important forward and consistently good forward.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Honestly asking. What level of prospect would it take to get this guy to shake out off Ottawa?

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
He's more valuable to the Sens than anything they'd likely get in a trade.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Rumours out of Ottawa are that they’re not close on an extension. So that’ll likely make him available at the TDL. What teams will realistically be interested?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Rumours out of Ottawa are that they’re not close on an extension. So that’ll likely make him available at the TDL. What teams will realistically be interested?

pretty much any contender should be since he is perfect for playoff hockey

Colorado/Edmonton/Tampa/Vegas should be calling since he would provide a boost to their PK and give them a solid defensive forward

even though sens should be targeting what coleman got i dont think sens get that here

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
pretty much any contender should be since he is perfect for playoff hockey
Colorado/Edmonton/Tampa/Vegas should be calling since he would provide a boost to their PK and give them a solid defensive forward
even though sens should be targeting what coleman got i dont think sens get that here

Since we're talking about his value, what do Sens fans think his next contract could be? (There's rumors that Tyler Motte is asking for $2.5 mil * 4, for which I'd move him, but at least scoring rate and defensive impact wise, they should be comparables; also what would be the Sens' asking price in a TDL trade?)

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
OTT should trade him rather then lose him for nothing...
I’m not sure why Dorion/Paul’s camp are so far apart. Then need good vets, and he’s been a pretty damn good player for them..
I guess he’s just looking for term/cap hit OTT isn’t willing to go.....
Just seems a bit weird to me

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Still plenty of time to get something done, or at least get to a place where we are confident we can get him signed... but if he's available, almost every buyer will kick the tires.
Coleman had 1yr left, was in the midst of his second consecutive 20 goal season, and was barely making more than Paul is. No chance he returns that much. If he's dealt, I am guessing a 2nd + an ok prospect. Something similar to what we gave up for Murray.... not that the two are comparable, but I think that's around the type of package we'd see... maybe slightly better prospect than Gruden and/or a slightly better pick when all is said and done.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

NYR make the most sense to me. He'd be perfect on their third line and Drury loves guys like Nick Paul.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Goodrow is a good comparable
He got 6yrs @ 3.4xx

He commands a 2nd with perhaps a plus attached to it IMO

Edit: 2.400 seems pretty good for Paul

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Goodrow is a good comparable
He got 6yrs @ 3.4xx

He commands a 2nd with perhaps a plus attached to it IMO

Edit: 2.400 seems pretty good for Paul

Goodrow is a lot meaner + has the cup pedigree which led to him getting a bit more than he would have otherwise, but other than that I do think he's a good comparable. If he was maximizing his $ value I think Paul could get 5yrs at around 3m, but he seems to value the fit he has with us.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Since we're talking about his value, what do Sens fans think his next contract could be? (There's rumors that Tyler Motte is asking for $2.5 mil * 4, for which I'd move him, but at least scoring rate and defensive impact wise, they should be comparables; also what would be the Sens' asking price in a TDL trade?)

i want him in that ballpark that you are saying of 2.5 per for anywhere from 3 to 5 years.

I think paul is going for more so if he resigns in ottawa i see it at 3-3.25 per for 3-4 years which is too much for my liking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad