Value of: Nick Paul

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Looking for a value for Nick Paul
Good size.......pretty good at Face Offs

what is his foot speed like?
What kind of ceiling does he have?

Love some opinions on his value?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Come on people

Is he just a plug or does he have upside

I don't know the player very well

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Nick Paul is just good enough to be taken by the Krakken. And the rental D-men will get traded before Paul every day all day. Maybe a 3.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
Come on people

Is he just a plug or does he have upside

I don't know the player very well
He’s a solid third line late bloomer that can score, hit things, skate real fast and isn’t a liability defensively. He’s been one of our better all around forwards the last couple of years. Seems to look better on the wing.
I’d say he’s not for sale. But every team probably has a guy like him.

Probably worth a 2nd rounder

Reactions: zcaptain

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
He’s a solid third line late bloomer that can score, hit things, skate real fast and isn’t a liability defensively. He’s been one of our better all around forwards the last couple of years. Seems to look better on the wing.
I’d say he’s not for sale. But every team probably has a guy like him.

Probably worth a 2nd rounder

Hey, thanks for the response
What caught my eye was his FO % which seems great in all 3 zones
has always been that good on faceoffs?
Interesting player, for what he is
Teams don't win without guys like that....
I would live to hear more Senator fan perspective on him
And just for the record, I am a Canuck fan, and I high hopes for you guys
You have some nice peace's, it will come together
But back to Nick Paul......I will have to keep a better eye on him
what is his challenge when playing center?

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
On a deeper team Paul would be a decent option as a 4LW that could also take faceoffs if the center gets kicked out of the dot.

Paul can also chip in here and there and has good size as long as he uses his size and checks opposing players.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I'd love him on the Oilers.. we need his size/speed on the bottom-6 instead of slugs like Khaira or undersized ones.

Jones/Lagesson for Nick Paul. Oilers have too many D prospects in the pros and need a position swap.

Maybe the Oilers audition Lagesson tonight. Sens fans can watch Jones play as he is a quasi-regular.

Reactions: PAZ

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
What about his Biosteel#CAMP mate Josh Ho-Sang? NHL skill with an ECHL brain.

Those in glass houses...

I'd love to give Ho Sang a shot. You can have Zack Magwood for him.

I'd love him on the Oilers.. we need his size/speed on the bottom-6 instead of slugs like Khaira or undersized ones.

Jones/Lagesson for Nick Paul. Oilers have too many D prospects in the pros and need a position swap.

Maybe the Oilers audition Lagesson tonight. Sens fans can watch Jones play as he is a quasi-regular.

Don't know Lagesson well enough to comment but Jones is probably fair value. That said, I still would not do it. It would take something in the Barclay Goodrow range to entice me to move on from Paul, and I'm not suggesting any team make that move.

That's an exaggeration. He's been decent so far. He's a power forward with speed and toughness. He isn't especially skilled. His hands and finesse are average but he does have a powerful snap shot.

I think decent is underselling it. He's been in the mix night in, night out, and easily one of our best forwards. Agreed, he's not especially skilled or a top end guy, but he's arguably the guy who has been most satisfactory in his role - and, at 3LW, he's probably also the highest guy in our lineup to be satisfactory in his role. He's been a well above average 3rd line winger thus far, and was an average/above-average 3rd line wing in his time with us last season as well.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Jake Virtanen and Sven Baertschi for Nick Paul and a 3rd.

Canucks would like some cap space, both Jake and Sven could use a fresh start, and Ottawa would be upgrading.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Jake Virtanen and Sven Baertschi for Nick Paul and a 3rd.

Canucks would like some cap space, both Jake and Sven could use a fresh start, and Ottawa would be upgrading.

Virtanen for Paul+3rd swap would be fair. Baerstchi requires a 2nd to dump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad