Value of: Nick Paul & Anton Forsberg to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Rumors are out and about with Rangers being interested in Paul.
NYR also need a decent back up goalie.

What would the Rangers give for both? They are both UFAs at the end of the year, rentals in every sense.

I also imagine Georgiev would be coming back in this trade. Ottawa would use him rest of the season then not qualify him.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
If i'm the Sens no way I'm letting Forsberg go with Murray being Mr. Glass since he's joined the team. Paul I can see being moved along with Sanford, Tierney, etc.

Reactions: Altimus

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Brett Berard seems like a prototypical Sens target. I also suspect we would push hard for Schneider but pretty sure that would end the conversation for the Rangers. Kravtsov makes sense, too.

That said, I dunno... I don't see how trading these two is good unless they are really asking for the moon.

common12

Sep 10, 2011
Would the Rangers give up anything of substance for a backup goalie who will probably only get 5-8 starts at most with their remaining 25 games left when they have playoffs wrapped up? I dont think so.

As a Ranger fan I would be interested in Paul and maybe Sanford if the price was right.

Has there been any talk about what they are looking for in terms of a contract next year?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Would the Rangers give up anything of substance for a backup goalie who will probably only get 5-8 starts at most with their remaining 25 games left when they have playoffs wrapped up? I dont think so.

As a Ranger fan I would be interested in Paul and maybe Sanford if the price was right.

Has there been any talk about what they are looking for in terms of a contract next year?

Paul was offered a 3yr deal for 6m total and, unsurprisingly, turned it down. I am guessing on the open market he uses Goodrow as a comparable while settling for something in the 4-6yr, 2.75-3.25m range.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Rumors are out and about with Rangers being interested in Paul.
NYR also need a decent back up goalie.

What would the Rangers give for both? They are both UFAs at the end of the year, rentals in every sense.

I also imagine Georgiev would be coming back in this trade. Ottawa would use him rest of the season then not qualify him.

source? lol

but yes I could see Paul of interest and Forsberg if they move Georgiev

Gauthier and a 3rd ?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
source? lol

but yes I could see Paul of interest and Forsberg if they move Georgiev

Gauthier and a 3rd ?

Generous offer for Forsberg.... no interest if that's your offer for Paul, and definitely no interest if that's your offer for both.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Paul I can see being moved along with Sanford, Tierney, etc.

Paul is definitely a good fit. 3rd line type, PK. Immediate upgrade from someone like McKegg who has been filling in. Could see him and Goodrow working well together.

One of the Rangers 2nds? Sens probably have one of the deepest prospect pools in the league, so there really isn't a prospect need. Maybe a G prospect? What about someone like Garand?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Geo, Krav and a pick

Brett Berard seems like a prototypical Sens target. I also suspect we would push hard for Schneider but pretty sure that would end the conversation for the Rangers. Kravtsov makes sense, too...

excessive prices (Krav, Berard, Schneider) being mentioned for rentals, especially mid-level talents
(no disrespect intended to those guys, just that they are comparable to many others)

Rangers have a handful of promising, desirable young assets, they may move to complement the roster and pipeline,
but also have a subset for guys who are very extremely unlikely to move - Berard, Othmann, Schneider, Cuylle, Garand are very most likely not in play

For Ottawa to get NYR's best package would likely require an offer that Ottawa and her fans won't make - like either Pinto or Greig.

But a deal around rental depth might find common ground between these teams

these boards are swamped with starry-eyed expectations of of hefty returns for rentals,
but there are potentially many sellers pushing many many guys,
while many buyers either (or both) don't have the picks/prospects to offer, or know they need the prospects at ELC prices to best fill their rosters, given continuing flat Cap

Reactions: RangersFan1994

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
excessive prices (Krav, Berard, Schneider) being mentioned for rentals, especially mid-level talents
(no disrespect intended to those guys, just that they are comparable to many others)

Rangers have a handful of promising, desirable young assets, they may move to complement the roster and pipeline,
but also have a subset for guys who are very extremely unlikely to move - Berard, Othmann, Schneider, Cuylle, Garand are very most likely not in play

For Ottawa to get NYR's best package would likely require an offer that Ottawa and her fans won't make - like either Pinto or Greig.

these boards are swamped with starry-eyed expectations of of hefty returns for rentals,
while many buyers either (or both) don't have the picks/prospects to offer, or know they need the prospects at ELC prices to best fill their rosters, given continuing flat Cap

I think you are under-estimating Paul, who is a very similar talent to Goodrow. That said, no one said anything about Schneider being the price.

Either way, I don't have any interest in moving Paul, nor do most Sens fans. If those prospects are off the table, he probably won't be going to the Rangers if he is dealt, though, unless your offer starts with a 2nd rounder... and even then, I don't see us targeting picks unless they are clearly better than any prospect on offer.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Geo, Krav and a pick
It’s not going to cost Kravtsov to acquire a player who puts up 20-30 points a season. Nick Paul is good and I like his game don’t get me wrong but people quickly forget how good Kravtsov is and like he isn’t doing well in the KHL right now

common12

Sep 10, 2011
Paul was offered a 3yr deal for 6m total and, unsurprisingly, turned it down. I am guessing on the open market he uses Goodrow as a comparable while settling for something in the 4-6yr, 2.75-3.25m range.

I think the Ottawa offer is actually spot on. As a Ranger fan I didn't like the Goodrow contract the second he signed it as i thought it was a bit of an overpay. That being said he will probably put up 35ish pts this year and obviously his game is what you want in any player so its better than what I thought it was going to be. That being said I dont think Paul has that resume.

Looking at next years cap situation I am fairly confident 3rd and 4th line players are going to get squeezed. There just isn't enough cap to go around. You are going to see some very favorable contracts for teams. Big guys will always get their money the lower level guys....probably not.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I think the Ottawa offer is actually spot on. As a Ranger fan I didn't like the Goodrow contract the second he signed it as i thought it was a bit of an overpay. That being said he will probably put up 35ish pts this year and obviously his game is what you want in any player so its better than what I thought it was going to be. That being said I dont think Paul has that resume.

Looking at next years cap situation I am fairly confident 3rd and 4th line players are going to get squeezed. There just isn't enough cap to go around. You are going to see some very favorable contracts for teams. Big guys will always get their money the lower level guys....probably not.

2m is not spot on for Paul, at all. Many nights where we win, he is our best player.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Price from other teams in these Nick Paul threads are always a 2nd + prospect. The value is fair given he's a UFA to be. In an ideal world I think the team would hold out for the best singular piece they can get though.

Kravtsov is the obvious name depending on how far out of favour he's fallen. Ryder Korczak seems like another interesting name, Sens could use more scoring RWs in the system.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
What the hell am I reading here?

Kravtsov, Berard & Schneider as returns for 2 months of Nick Paul??

Price from other teams in these Nick Paul threads are always a 2nd + prospect. The value is fair given he's a UFA to be. In an ideal world I think the team would hold out for the best singular piece they can get though.

Kravtsov is the obvious name depending on how far out of favour he's fallen. Ryder Korczak seems like another interesting name, Sens could use more scoring RWs in the system.
Way too much overpay, and Korczak is a Center.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lmao what is this? Thinking you are going to get anywhere near a top prospect for him.

You can have a 3rd round pick for Nick Paul, a borderline 3rd liner 2 month rental. We don't even want him.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Paul and Greig to NYR for Kravtsov and Barron (who is not getting much ice time here)

Rangers liked Greig in his draft year.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Sens have no business trading Forsberg, he's the most consistent goalie we have right now. I like Paul but if he is looking for much more than $6M over three years then see you later

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Paul and Greig to NYR for Kravtsov and Barron (who is not getting much ice time here)

Rangers liked Greig in his draft year.

Greig not on the table unless in a package for an established player.
Lmao what is this? Thinking you are going to get anywhere near a top prospect for him.

You can have a 3rd round pick for Nick Paul, a borderline 3rd liner 2 month rental. We don't even want him.
Lol @ calling Paul a borderline 3rd liner. Truly idiotic, my friend.

No one wants to trade Paul. I would rather re-sign him than trade him for your B-tier prospects or a 90th overall pick. Hell, I'd rather sign him than trade him for your 2nd + a B-tier prospect. Quite frankly, it does absolutely nothing for us.

I am prepared to be disappointed in the outcome with Paul, simply because I'd rather retain him than return a 1st and I recognize that won't happen. But you really just don't know what you're talking about if you think he's a borderline 3rd liner. He would improve pretty well every 3rd line, every PK, every shutdown match-up in the league.

Reactions: ATdaisuki

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Greig not on the table unless in a package for an established player.

Lol @ calling Paul a borderline 3rd liner. Truly idiotic, my friend.

No one wants to trade Paul. I would rather re-sign him than trade him for your B-tier prospects or a 90th overall pick. Hell, I'd rather sign him than trade him for your 2nd + a B-tier prospect. Quite frankly, it does absolutely nothing for us.

I am prepared to be disappointed in the outcome with Paul, simply because I'd rather retain him than return a 1st and I recognize that won't happen. But you really just don't know what you're talking about if you think he's a borderline 3rd liner. He would improve pretty well every 3rd line, every PK, every shutdown match-up in the league.
LMAO, yea I don't think you need to worry about trading him and getting a 1st round pick in return :laugh:

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
RS who probably projects on the wing, at least in Ottawa.

Korczak+ would be considered an overpay as well?

What does Korczak do for us? We passed on him 4 times less than a year ago and he's done nothing to show he's head and shoulders better than where he was 2 years ago
LMAO, yea I don't think you need to worry about trading him and getting a 1st round pick in return :laugh:
No shit, genius... that's what I said. Doesn't change the fact that Paul is more important to us than a late 1st will be.

common12

Sep 10, 2011
2m is not spot on for Paul, at all. Many nights where we win, he is our best player.

Except he has 17 points on the season and has the 2nd worst +/- on your team. I seriously doubt anyone would say he is your best player on most nights. Your best players usually score....especially forwards.
From your next post asking for a 2nd and a prospect its pretty clear you overvalue him to your team and want to resign him. No harm in that but I really don't see anyone else giving Ottawa anywhere near that for a guy with 17 points and is a rental. Good luck though

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
What does Korczak do for us? We passed on him 4 times less than a year ago and he's done nothing to show he's head and shoulders better than where he was 2 years ago

Interesting you say this when he has outperformed every forward the Sens drafted last year, and if you dont see the progress Korzcak has made then maybe you shouldnt comment on other teams prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad