News Article: Nick Nickson is retiring after this season / the Broadcast schedule

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Last edited:

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Major bummer. Whoever they pick pls let it be someone we'd all want to have a beer with..Not someone who plays the violin and goes to art museums.. The key element to Nick/Bob for me - in the fans corner, never bs'd the fans, called the team out when necessary (more so Bob), and never tedious or ingratiating.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I really liked nick's measured low drama calls over radio through the years and his victory lap on tv etc. i remember once they did a halloween gag where the photoshopped what nick, bob and fox looked like in the 70's. They fitted nick up with a long mullet!
I also give nick alot of credit for tolerating fox who personally i would have strangled after working that closely with after a week.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
With tracking devices being put on the players and in the puck, can't we develop a Bob Miller AI to call the games now? I'm sure there are thousands of hours of him calling games that can be thrown into a computer for some machine learning. Maybe have him come in and record him saying the new player's names. Easy peasy.

kingsholygrail

0-0-0 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

Broadcast schedule

1637605631549.jpg

They're going to replace him with an annoying person and Fox still hasn't retired.

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
His calm delivery of radio PBP was one of the best parts of my childhood. Back when we didn’t have streaming, I’d be upset and cry to my mom when we wouldn’t be home to watch the game. I’d ask to stay in the car so I could at least listen to the radio. Then I’d have to hope that the signal reached and was good enough. Those fall/winter days in the car solo listening to the Kings are forever tied to Nick Nickson.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Major bummer. Whoever they pick pls let it be someone we'd all want to have a beer with..Not someone who plays the violin and goes to art museums.. The key element to Nick/Bob for me - in the fans corner, never bs'd the fans, called the team out when necessary (more so Bob), and never tedious or ingratiating.
Just out of curiosity... what on earth does that mean?
This is plain as day Jesse. And frankly I am little surprised you don't know what AM is talking about here.
We want a man of the people who relates to us. Nick and Bob did that. Gary Thorne did as well.
Faust never did. Joe Beninati is another prime example.

We were spoiled with Bob and Nick. I think Faust helped people to understand that.
The Dodgers did much better replacing Vin Scully than the Kings , initially, did replacing Bob. Nick righted a wrong and now he is hanging up his spurs.

Management needs to do this one right and the right answer is not Josh Schaefer

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Alex Faust seemed like such a corporate dude with a radio voice. It’d be nice to get someone who actually watches So-Cal hockey with a personality that comes through the screen. Not everyone is Bob Miller but I think most people like Jim Fox because his passion definitely comes through the screen. Even though it’d be nice if Fox didn’t orgasm over every simple little play.

I do like Nick Nickson but his voice can be a bit flat in terms of range. Bob Miller was really good at having a big range of emotion when he called
The game. It never seemed unprofessional and disingenuous like Faust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad