Value of: Nick Leddy at the Deadline (To FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Uh yeah the point would be to re-sign figured that went without saying. Talk about nonsensical. I have no interest in trading him and have said so since before the season started. Not care to convince anyone.
The onus is on you to indicate that. Unless Detroit is poised to make the playoffs at that point in the season, it would be silly to keep him.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Wings traded a 52nd overall pick to acquire him. Why would they even consider trading him for a worse pick?

He's been an amazing fit in Detroit. Yzerman needs to re-sign him unless he gets an offer he can't refuse (1st +).

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Aim lower than Leddy? What cup contender would have current Leddy in their top 4? He'd definitely be acquired to provide solid 3rd pairing depth.
The NYI say hello, they took TB to Gm.7 w/Leddy in the Top4.

They're already needing a Leddy/Leddy type per some fans.

If you think the NYI aren't a contender, you haven't watched them in the last few playoffs.

They're not some Paper Tiger that gets abused in the 1st/2nd Rd., unlike a few "Contenders".

Reactions: Ratatoskr

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Nick Leddy @50% is absolutely worth a 1st to a contender. Not saying I like the fit with Florida, given that they don't have their 2022 1st, but a top 4 LD that can QB a 2nd PP unit goes for a 1st everytime. Mind you, the team acquiring him is betting on that pick being pick 32 and not pick 17, which is why a B-level prospect or 2nd round pick usually gets added.

If that price is not acceptable, the Wings will be more than fine hanging onto Leddy.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
The Wings are in the drivers seat for the Leddy return. Only Lindholm, as of now, will likely have more trade value/impact to a playoff team. If the likely mid-late 1st+ prospect price isn't met, some other team will pay it.

GM's do crazy things @ TDL & the price is market value already.

I believe there's a 85% chance Leddy returns to DET in UFA, even if he's traded by TDL.

1. We have the need for Top4 LD for the next 2+ seasons beyond '21-'22
2. We have the capspace
3. He's a good fit & mentor
4. Cup winning vet, PMD, decent enough defensively, smart etc.
5. His $ & term should be reasonable

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
That will be the cost i can guarantee you that. There's a great chance that we resign Leddy. Okay you're still looking at a 2023 1st and B prospect at the very least. Leddy loves it there in Detroit and there's already been talks of possibly extending him so he's not going to be cheap.

What the f***? Leddy loves it in Detroit?
Jesus.

Fans and the bullshit they sell.

I don't need a first for Leddy.
But I'd take Mackie Samoskevich, Anton Lundell or maybe even Denisenko.

Maybe Tippet and a late second.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That will be the cost i can guarantee you that. There's a great chance that we resign Leddy. Okay you're still looking at a 2023 1st and B prospect at the very least. Leddy loves it there in Detroit and there's already been talks of possibly extending him so he's not going to be cheap.

No that might be the opening ask but that's not the final price

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
No that might be the opening ask but that's not the final price

Yes it is. We don't need to trade him. Wings are going to be perfectly fine waiting for an amenable price or even just straight re-signing him. No reason to deal him cheap just to deal him.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
What the f***? Leddy loves it in Detroit?
Jesus.

Fans and the bullshit they sell.

I don't need a first for Leddy.
But I'd take Mackie Samoskevich, Anton Lundell or maybe even Denisenko.

Maybe Tippet and a late second.

Lol, I don't need a first, but I will need you to trade me your first from this last draft (24th) or from the prior draft (12th?) or from 2018 (15th) or from 2019 (11th) along with a 2nd. You know, because your first from this year is probably going to be at the end of the 1st round.

Might want to smell your own posts before you drone on about bullshit from fans.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Lol, I don't need a first, but I will need you to trade me your first from this last draft (24th) or from the prior draft (12th?) or from 2018 (15th) or from 2019 (11th) along with a 2nd. You know, because your first from this year is probably going to be at the end of the 1st round.

Might want to smell your own posts before you drone on about bullshit from fans.

Right. I don't need the first they don't have.
Not having a first doesn't kill the idea for me.

"Leddy loves it here."
You know, because you and he are good buds, right?

It's crazy to me any fan would pretend to know such a thing 12 games into their career here.

Better up that offer. I have it on good authority that Nick Leddy loves Detroit!

Reactions: Dr Beinfest

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The onus is on you to indicate that. Unless Detroit is poised to make the playoffs at that point in the season, it would be silly to keep him.
The onus is on you to know what the hell you're talking about regarding a teams structure before calling shit nonsensical. I know you're used to a garbage franchise that sells everything off every deadline until recently but some times keeping players around especially an experienced defenseman when you're bringing in highly touted defense prospects makes sense even if you might lose a mediocre draft pick.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Nick Leddy @50% is absolutely worth a 1st to a contender. Not saying I like the fit with Florida, given that they don't have their 2022 1st, but a top 4 LD that can QB a 2nd PP unit goes for a 1st everytime. Mind you, the team acquiring him is betting on that pick being pick 32 and not pick 17, which is why a B-level prospect or 2nd round pick usually gets added.

If that price is not acceptable, the Wings will be more than fine hanging onto Leddy.
i think they'll get a first if they do the retention and take back an expiring contract as well . than detroit resigns him in the off season

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

The only Dman that returned a 1st rounder last trade deadline was David Savard and we all know how much value defensive, gritty dmen have in Cup runs. When Mike Reilly and Brendan Montour returned a 3rd, Detroit should not expect more than a 2nd for Leddy. A soft, puck-moving dman is not the missing piece that Cup-contending teams are clamoring for at the trade deadline.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
I think Chiarot from Habs would be a better target for Florida. Better fit imo and probably won't cost a 1st.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I'd be looking to get back the 2nd that we traded for him plus an added mid-round pick or B prospect because he's played well for us and brings a different dimension to our defense. We're in late 1st territory if you want full 50% retention (maybe late-round pick on DET side to balance).

I'd be interested in bringing him back for a couple of years to help the young defensemen we have coming in (depending on the price).

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
The onus is on you to know what the hell you're talking about regarding a teams structure before calling shit nonsensical. I know you're used to a garbage franchise that sells everything off every deadline until recently but some times keeping players around especially an experienced defenseman when you're bringing in highly touted defense prospects makes sense even if you might lose a mediocre draft pick.
“A teams structure” lol you’re just putting words together to try and make it sound like you have a point. Your team acquired a 30 year old pending UFA without an NTC. All indications are that he will hit the market.
The equivalent response to your “I know you’re used to a garbage franchise” childish comment is “I’m sorry your franchise sucks now and nobody wants to live in Detroit.” Thx.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I like him but happy to open the bidding war and take the highest draft pick. Early 2nd at minimum or we just resign.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
No idea why the Wings should/would consider moving him for a mid-to-late second. Re-sign him, and keep actually running a marginally competent defense for the first time in a decade. If no one wants to pay a first for the rental, then nothing of any actual value is lost in just not dealing him.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
“A teams structure” lol you’re just putting words together to try and make it sound like you have a point. Your team acquired a 30 year old pending UFA without an NTC. All indications are that he will hit the market.
The equivalent response to your “I know you’re used to a garbage franchise” childish comment is “I’m sorry your franchise sucks now and nobody wants to live in Detroit.” Thx.

No, all indications are NOT that he’s hitting the market. At least not any more than any other guy in the Winged Wheel.

Wings have really liked Leddy so far. Yzerman values that type of guy. He will wait for a good return on a trade or he won’t make it. He’s not acquiring guys to hope to be able to flip them for draft capital.

if the trade is there he will absolutely take it…. That’s his damn job. But if people don’t want to pay his price, the Wings aren’t going to bend and trade him just to trade him.

The idea is that the Wings know they need to have some legitimate NHL talent on their roster in addition to youngsters.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
No, all indications are NOT that he’s hitting the market. At least not any more than any other guy in the Winged Wheel.

Wings have really liked Leddy so far. Yzerman values that type of guy. He will wait for a good return on a trade or he won’t make it. He’s not acquiring guys to hope to be able to flip them for draft capital.

if the trade is there he will absolutely take it…. That’s his damn job. But if people don’t want to pay his price, the Wings aren’t going to bend and trade him just to trade him.

The idea is that the Wings know they need to have some legitimate NHL talent on their roster in addition to youngsters.
You’re right, that was sort of a lazy comment on my behalf (was too focused on throwing shade towards the last poster’s childish comments). What I actually meant by it was that everything about his demographic (30 year old defenseman and pending UFA) screams “test the market” for your final payday. Not Leddy-specific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad