Value of: Nick Leddy at the Deadline (To FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Any Detroit fans wanting to chime in? He looks solid enough for our 3rd pair.

He is a pending UFA with currently a 5+ cap hit I believe.

Not really exciting with the idea of a playoff run with Nutivaara or Connauton as our 3rd pair LD

What would be the ask?

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Not really exciting with the idea of a playoff run with Nutivaara or Connauton as our 3rd pair LD

What would be the ask?
Nick Leddy @ $2,750,000 for your 2022 1st round pick+B prospect. Yzerman has already said that he wont move any of his UFAs if he doesn't get his asking price. And Leddy will probably be the most expensive to acquire of our UFAs.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Nick Leddy @ $2,750,000 for your 2022 1st round pick+B prospect. Yzerman has already said that he wont move any of his UFAs if he doesn't get his asking price. And Leddy will probably be the most expensive to acquire of our UFAs.

That pick is already gone and even then that's way too much

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
That pick is already gone and even then that's way too much
That will be the cost i can guarantee you that. There's a great chance that we resign Leddy. Okay you're still looking at a 2023 1st and B prospect at the very least. Leddy loves it there in Detroit and there's already been talks of possibly extending him so he's not going to be cheap.

Reactions: Tetsuo

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Unless we're getting a 1st I don't see the point in moving him. Is Seider supposed to carry the entire top 4 by himself?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Leddy would be kind of a lateral acquisition for Florida. That and the Panthers already have plenty of that offensive type of player, I think what they need is a left-side version of Gudas, that or a high quality defender like Lindholm.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Leddy would be kind of a lateral acquisition for Florida. That and the Panthers already have plenty of that offensive type of player, I think what they need is a left-side version of Gudas, that or a high quality defender like Lindholm.
Lindholm would be way too expensive for Florida. That is a pipe dream in my opinion.

I think Leddy would be good next to Gudas and Montour can move up next to Forsling

Weegar Ekblad
Forsling Montour
Leddy Gudas.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

What would be the ask?

2023 1st
Sourdif

That would be my ask. I really don't think that its worth it for Florida though.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Red Wings got him for an AHLer and a 2nd round pick just a few months ago and somehow all the Detroit fans think he’s worth twice that

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Honestly I don't think the Panthers are a great partner.

I'd ask for the Panthers '23 2nd and 3rd, if the Panthers make the conference finals and Leddy plays more than 50% of the games then the 2nd becomes a 1st and we drop the 3rd.

If you're just looking for a third pairing guy then you should aim lower than Leddy imo.

Edit: of course we could eat half the salary. We could also take Connaughton back if that helps.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I counter 2nd and Denisenko.

I think Deni has high potential, just zero room in our top 9.

Unless you are interested in Vatrano

Same problem. Detroit is flush with wingers.

The value is good, just doesn't fit a need for Detroit.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Honestly I don't think the Panthers are a great partner.

I'd ask for the Panthers '23 2nd and 3rd, if the Panthers make the conference finals and Leddy plays more than 50% of the games then the 2nd becomes a 1st and we drop the 3rd.

If you're just looking for a third pairing guy then you should aim lower than Leddy imo.

Edit: of course we could eat half the salary. We could also take Connaughton back if that helps.
Aim lower than Leddy? What cup contender would have current Leddy in their top 4? He'd definitely be acquired to provide solid 3rd pairing depth.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Because the fa d men stunk out the joint last year everyone is convinced their fa d man will bring back a 1. This year's crop is much better.

It starts with Letang IF pens are not a playoff team. Not anti pens comment, just saying how really good the metro is.
Giordano for sure with retention/bad one year contract back.
Manson everyone will want his physical play playoff time.

Leddy, Ben Chiarot and if Flyers are out of hunt Risto are on the next tier.

Edit Subban who knows what to make out of him.

Last edited:

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
1st + prospect is too much for Leddy, but it's clear to Panthers fans that our one and only hole is the bottom pair LD.
Connauton and Nutivaara aren't good enough. We haven't seen anything from Juolevi yet. Kiersted doesn't seem to be the answer. We're already rolling two RHD on the top pair, so we can't really promote Priskie.

We'll acquire a depth LD at sometime in the near future.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Aim lower than Leddy? What cup contender would have current Leddy in their top 4? He'd definitely be acquired to provide solid 3rd pairing depth.

I did say "third pairing guy," but that was kind of semantic. Leddy's probably the second best rental LHD behind Giordano. Even Gio might need an extra team to help retain, which if true might cost an extra fourth or so. If Anaheim sell Lindholm that would hurt Detroit, but my impression is that they'll work out an extension there.

I think Detroit gets at least a 2nd for Leddy if they move him at the deadline. Florida unfortunately a) doesn't have their 2nd this year, and b) has less attractive picks in general due to their likelihood of winning the division/conference. From that, I think Florida would have to offer their '23 2nd and a decent + to get Leddy at the deadline.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Who are you trying to convince? Yourself, or everyone else?
Unless the team is going to re-sign him, your statement is nonsensical. You take whatever he fetches, and anything is worth it.
Uh yeah the point would be to re-sign figured that went without saying. Talk about nonsensical. I have no interest in trading him and have said so since before the season started. Not care to convince anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad