Player Discussion Nick Jensen (D)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nick Jensen - Assessment of his performance

This is why I think Jensen plays with Sanderson rather than Chabot because Sanderson is so much better defensively & likely will play on the PK which Jensen also plays. Zub has played with Chabot before & should complicate Chabot by being a stay at home defenceman which Chabot needs.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This is why I think Jensen plays with Sanderson rather than Chabot because Sanderson is so much better defensively & likely will play on the PK which Jensen also plays. Zub has played with Chabot before & should complicate Chabot by being a stay at home defenceman which Chabot needs.
He might be playing with Kleven on the 3rd pair to mentor him into the league with Sanderson-JBD being 2nd pair.

I think it is going to be another long season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He might be playing with Kleven on the 3rd pair to mentor him into the league with Sanderson-JBD being 2nd pair.

I think it is going to be another long season.
Maybe, although so could Hamonic RD.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I would put him with Sanderson too. He thrived playing with Orlov, but struggled playing with whatever trash he was deployed with after Orlov signed in Carolina.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_145536_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_145536_Chrome.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: BigRig4 and aragorn

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Maybe, although so could Hamonic RD.
I suspect Hamonic will be demoted to 7th D at some point; it is unclear who will be brought in to be the 6th D.

I wonder if Gaudette will make the team as one of the 2 Fs we need. He has more NHL experience than our other options: Crookshank, Ostapchuk.

Reactions: BigRig4

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I suspect Hamonic will be demoted to 7th D at some point; it is unclear who will be brought in to be the 6th D.

I wonder if Gaudette will make the team as one of the 2 Fs we need. He has more NHL experience than our other options: Crookshank, Ostapchuk.
2 things I'm confident about.

1.jensen will never play on the third pairing

2.staios will bring in a third pairing vet righty to play with kleven and trade or waive jbd

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I bet Hamonic & JBD share that spot 3rd RD spot, I imagine JBD will get more games given he was starting to play better last yr to end the season & he led the team in blocked shots which he needs to do to stay employed.

I imagine there will be some competition for that 4th line C spot. Given Gaudette also plays RW & it's a position of need in the org who could play either. They seem to like Halliday & he is a yr older than Ostapchuk who they also like, but it could come down to someone with a little more NHL experience like Gaudette or Jenik C who is also a tough guy like Katelic.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
2 things I'm confident about.

1.jensen will never play on the third pairing

2.staios will bring in a third pairing vet righty to play with kleven and trade or waive jbd
Oh, I don't know about that, especially when they have Hamonic RD with a contract for this yr & they have already said they are not buying anyone out. And given how highly Sanderson thinks of Hamonic as a mentor & how much he helped him, it's likely he will mentor Kleven & JBD. We'll see, but my guess is that the 3rd pairing Rd spot is shared between JBD & Hamonic.

Reactions: PlayOn

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Oh, I don't know about that, especially when they have Hamonic RD with a contract for this yr & they have already said they are not buying anyone out. And given how highly Sanderson thinks of Hamonic as a mentor & how much he helped him, it's likely he will mentor Kleven & JBD. We'll see, but my guess is that the 3rd pairing Rd spot is shared between JBD & Hamonic.
Hamonic is a coach that will play if there are enough injuries. Let him be free.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Maybe. I don't think that's a good idea at all personally, but maybe. I'd like to see homonic riding the pine and mentoring kleven in practice etc while a different vet that can keep up plays the third pairing, but who know...

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I bet Hamonic & JBD share that spot 3rd RD spot, I imagine JBD will get more games given he was starting to play better last yr to end the season & he led the team in blocked shots which he needs to do to stay employed.

I imagine there will be some competition for that 4th line C spot. Given Gaudette also plays RW & it's a position of need in the org who could play either. They seem to like Halliday & he is a yr older than Ostapchuk who they also like, but it could come down to someone with a little more NHL experience like Gaudette or Jenik C who is also a tough guy like Katelic.
Jenik is 6'1" but only 185lbs. I am not sure if he is tough and can fight.

Then again Tie Domi was diminutive and a known fierce pugilist. :)

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Good, I'm glad he's showing patience for a team that's on 7 years out of the playoffs and are coming off a 78 point season. We don't need f***ing patience. We need to strap this team to a rocket ship and clear the launch pad.
Impossible to do after what Dorion left.

Reactions: lancepitlick

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’m fairly confident without further additions or injuries we will see in game 1

Sanderson Zub
Chabot Jensen
Kleven Hamonic

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hamonic should not be playing hockey at all next year.
Of course he will, he has a contract for next season & Staois has sadi they are not buying him out. He's only a yr removed from having a 21 pt season & only played 48 games last yr which probably means he played with injuries throughout most of last yr. He'll most likely share that 3rd pairing RD spot with JBD & mentor both Kleven & JBD as he did with Sanderson.

Reactions: LiseL

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Of course he will, he has a contract for next season & Staois has sadi they are not buying him out. He's only a yr removed from having a 21 pt season & only played 48 games last yr which probably means he played with injuries throughout most of last yr. He'll most likely share that 3rd pairing RD spot with JBD & mentor both Kleven & JBD as he did with Sanderson.
You got Yakumchuk. Not allowed to have Hamonic too. Chose.... lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad