Nicest Jersey for each franchise

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Is the Habs white jersey from 1944-1947 their nicest?

• Yep

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Naw

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ICM1970

Jan 29, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Pittsburgh Penguins 1967-68

Attachments

• 67home_medium.jpg
    67home_medium.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 5

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Funny I’m putting this right near the Canucks’ Skate jersey.

Unpopular opinion: I really like the “Black Death” VGK jersey.

1725643862586.jpeg

Reactions: hangman005

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
Never thought that the blue of the New York Rangers' jerseys could be improved upon, until the Quebec Nordiques - in the NHL - hauled out the jersey we see Peter Stastny sporting here.
Peter-Stasny-Nordiques-575x384.jpg

Reactions: Dingo

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Everything peaked in 1993.
Great year for the NFL as well. Although the 75th anniversary “throwbacks” the next year were fun too, and might be credited with kickstarting the trend of teams having a regular 3rd jersey.

Bench Clearer

Aug 10, 2023
Everything peaked in 1993.
Yeah, the late 80s up until the mid 90s was pretty much perfect. 1995-96 is when everything started getting goofy--terrible alternates like the Kings' infamous "Burger King" jersey, the Nords leaving Quebec and going with the swirly Avs jersey, and the Bruins going with a shoulder yoke and the alternate "Winnie the Pooh" jersey.

1993 was great, with one exception--I always preferred the Kelly Green Hartford Whaler jerseys to the blue and silver ones.

Bench Clearer

Aug 10, 2023
Want to know how stupid I am? When the Mighty Ducks started as a team, seven year old me actually thought it was going to be the team from the movie taking the ice. Imagine my disappointment when TROY LONEY and company skated out there instead. I fully expected a team full of kids with Emilio Estevez as head coach.

Come to think of it, though, Stu Grimson and Todd Ewen were pretty close to being a real life version of the Bash Brothers from D2....

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Want to know how stupid I am? When the Mighty Ducks started as a team, seven year old me actually thought it was going to be the team from the movie taking the ice. Imagine my disappointment when TROY LONEY and company skated out there instead. I fully expected a team full of kids with Emilio Estevez as head coach.
It turned out that the VHS copy I borrowed also had an adult film recorded on it and went straight to action in the middle of coach Bombay's speech, a memorable moment even decades later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad