Post-Game Talk: Nice Goal, Riley

3 Stars

• Total voters

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I mean, the defense hasn't been exactly great so this gives Lavi an excuse for going back to the original pairs.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I mean, the defense hasn't been exactly great so this gives Lavi an excuse for going back to the original pairs.

Outside of the game Shesty had a .769 save percentage, they've allowed 1 goal. It's early but if the coaching staff is looking for reasons to get Lindgren back in, we're f***ed.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Defenseman handedness is a deep state psyop. Schneider looks better on the left than Lindgren ever has.
If any team would be inflexible about moving defensemen from one side to another it would be the Rongos.

Buchnevich is doing pretty good as 2C in St. Louis , can you imagine the Rangers ever even trying that?

If Chytil and Zibanejad went down they would put Carrick at 1C

• Haha
Reactions: McRanger92

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Their depth chart is their depth chart. They don't need "reasons' to put Lindgren back in. Once he's healthy, he's 100% back in there. It is what it is. They're 100% running it back.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If any team would be inflexible about moving defensemen from one side to another it would be the Rongos.

Buchnevich is doing pretty good as 2C in St. Louis , can you imagine the Rangers ever even trying that?

If Chytil and Zibanejad went down they would put Carrick at 1C
The last time we tried something really stupid was putting MSL at center in 2015.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm not going to assume that Laviolette will immediate and forever will go back to Lindgren - Fox. This pair is not in the long-term plans but Miller - Fox is IMO. Mancini will go to Hartford to be their number 1 D. Schneider - Jones will still be labeled 3rd pair but it's potentially our 2nd line. If Trouba - Lindgen is a pair - we need to give it a name. The Departured line?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Honestly Mancini has been good but having Schneider on his off side isn't a long term solution so when lindgren is back I hope they just put Jones and Trouba together and not try and shoe horn trouba back with Miller. That's all I ask. I think Jones ability to skate the puck and make the first pass will help that pairing and I really wouldn't mind trouba being on the ice with him for a little bit of protection either.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Honestly Mancini has been good but having Schneider on his off side isn't a long term solution so when lindgren is back I hope they just put Jones and Trouba together and not try and shoe horn trouba back with Miller. That's all I ask. I think Jones ability to skate the puck and make the first pass will help that pairing and I really wouldn't mind trouba being on the ice with him for a little bit of protection either.

My employer's annual benefits enrollment period starts tomorrow, and I'm going to make this one of my wellness selections.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I disagree. Tanner Glass played games for us in 16-17

I'd say that Tanner Glass playing games for the Rangers period falls into this category.

My fav was when they ran of like 15 of 16 in 2014-15 and the one game they lost was the one game Glass played in (and he was responsible for 2 goals against either through blowing his assignment or taking a penalty.)

I'm not going to assume that Laviolette will immediate and forever will go back to Lindgren - Fox.

It's what hes done every time he's had the opportunity to put them back together.

I'd expect no differently this time. Lavi does some good things, but his obsession with keeping certain combos together (K-Z, Lindgren-Fox) is one of his weak points.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'd expect no differently this time. Lavi does some good things, but his obsession with keeping certain combos together (K-Z, Lindgren-Fox) is one of his weak points.
We've seen him coach here for a year and during this time we've seen a few examples of him making changes to the lineup. I will give him a benefit of a doubt. We can check back in the spring on the extend.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Honestly how bad / good would a Trouba / Lindgren pair be? I see 0% offense from this pairing, but it probably would be too baaaaaaad? Maybe?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Honestly how bad / good would a Trouba / Lindgren pair be? I see 0% offense from this pairing, but it probably would be too baaaaaaad? Maybe?
I mean, Trouba really low-key is an offensive defenseman who doesn't know where his own zone is. He was that in his good years. So like, a stay-at-home defenseman should actually work with him.

The thing is, Lindgren's defense was terrible last year.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Thanks. I think this is a created issue that shouldn’t be in the league. Sure not everyone can do it but surely some can and should
It's not at all, making quick plays under pressure in your own end with your stick in the middle of the ice creates issues. It's fine as a stop gap but in playoffs teams will target the offhand guy every night on the dump in.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Off topic but what the hell is the Detroit Red Wings long term plan? Sign Rangers castoffs and hope the journeyman goalie du jour that they sign turns into Matt Murray?

Steve Yzerman is the Jeff Gorton of Chris Drury's as a GM.

Reactions: mas0764

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Off topic but what the hell is the Detroit Red Wings long term plan? Sign Rangers castoffs and hope the journeyman goalie du jour that they sign turns into Matt Murray?

Steve Yzerman is the Jeff Gorton of Chris Drury's as a GM.

They should have stayed bad and kept stockpiling assets and talent. You're right, I don't know what that game plan is except to be mediocre.

Let's take advantage and send Trouba there next offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad