GDT: Nice: Avs vs Sabres | 1 PM MT | March 9th, 2019 | Where's the Beef?

Game 69

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
Thanks Ceremony
Sounds like it was a good time Cobra!

Anyone catch what eichels excuse was for going high on soda? Basically said he was afraid soda was going to hit him.. buffalos news basically made it seem like z murdered him and that he was afraid for his life when he hit soda...

I cant ever root or hope my teams lose. Yeah it may be preferable that they get a better draft position but i just cant find it in me to hope they lose. It was a rough couple years for the broncos with vj as coach but i never wanted/hoped the broncos would lose. It was painful enough without doing that

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I cant ever root or hope my teams lose. Yeah it may be preferable that they get a better draft position but i just cant find it in me to hope they lose. It was a rough couple years for the broncos with vj as coach but i never wanted/hoped the broncos would lose. It was painful enough without doing that

I admit that I hoped the Broncos would lose. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to admit that you have a problem.

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
I admit that I hoped the Broncos would lose. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to admit that you have a problem.

Everytime vj said we had a good week of practice id get pissed and then cry. Maybe it was prep for when i pay attention to bednar do post game

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Someone raised a point that I have not seen anyone discussing, but did Soda actually play the puck? He certainly did not have the puck. If he did not play it and had not touched it, it seems like the contact was not proper from the outset, putting aside the contact with the head.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden

Well, we don't want to trust a team with headshot artists trying to injure our own players anyway, next time playing them I wanna see a couple of fights.
This "turning the other cheek" thing the Avs are practicing now is kind of beautiful in its own way but it's not how we used to play in the old winning days.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Eichel knew what he was doing like Moore knew what he was doing. Soda was in a vulnerable situation and principle point was his head. This is text book shit. Deserves a suspension and if an Av did the same I would say the same.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I want them to get a better draft pick now. They won't make the playoffs anyway. The game against the Stars ended that dream imo. Plus, I want Sakic to not even think about keeping Bednar.

Ok, well, now I understand your wish from a fan'sperspective ;-) but this is not how sports works from a player's perspective. A true athelete and competitor with winner's instincts will do their best to win every single game, especially now since there still is hope for playoffs. The most important thing is to get all players lacking of winner's instincts out of this team.

Personally I wish they will reach playoffs but of course it will be really tough. It's interesting when team chemistry changes (Landy's injury) and how a pressured team answers, you never know.

Reactions: Avs

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Holy salt, Batman. Anyone read the main board thread on Eichel's well deserved suspension? Could there be any more people that need glasses? The league explained quite well why he was being suspended.

A)Soderberg didn't change direction and his head didn't change height directly prior to the hit. He put himself in a bad position, but it's not one that a hit to the head would be tolerated(like the hit on Rantenan).

B)Eichel veered sharply right to make the hit. It was mistimed and he caught all head. He had the opportunity to go through the body, but mistimed it. The onus is in him to avoid the head and he didn't. Had he not cut sharply right, it likely would have been a nothing collision.

Those two points make a suspension a given. It's nice the league is making a little effort, but I'd like to see them go a step further.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, a hit to the head penalty should be a 5+game and automatic two game suspension(pending league review). Multiply the number of games by two after each incident. If a player is suspended three times for a head hit, he'd be sitting a total of 14 games (2+4+8). Etc. The league needs to show they're serious about this shit. Two games here and there are slaps on the wrist for multiple time offenders.

Reactions: McMetal

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I reckon if we had to endure Buffalo winters, 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses, the Brett Hull crease goal in game 6 of the ‘99 Finals, & general sports ineptitude some of us might be insufferably bitter as well. :badidea::sarcasm:

Reactions: Foppa2118

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
Holy salt, Batman. Anyone read the main board thread on Eichel's well deserved suspension? Could there be any more people that need glasses? The league explained quite well why he was being suspended.

A)Soderberg didn't change direction and his head didn't change height directly prior to the hit. He put himself in a bad position, but it's not one that a hit to the head would be tolerated(like the hit on Rantenan).

B)Eichel veered sharply right to make the hit. It was mistimed and he caught all head. He had the opportunity to go through the body, but mistimed it. The onus is in him to avoid the head and he didn't. Had he not cut sharply right, it likely would have been a nothing collision.

Those two points make a suspension a given. It's nice the league is making a little effort, but I'd like to see them go a step further.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, a hit to the head penalty should be a 5+game and automatic two game suspension(pending league review). Multiply the number of games by two after each incident. If a player is suspended three times for a head hit, he'd be sitting a total of 14 games (2+4+8). Etc. The league needs to show they're serious about this ****. Two games here and there are slaps on the wrist for multiple time offenders.

Yeah i warned of this due to eichels post game comments. Something along the lines of he was afraid soda was going to hit him.
Thats a perfectly good reason to for someones head. Guess if it was me i wouldve just said it wasnt intentional and left it at that

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00