Niagara IceDogs 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I don't know how good the Ice Dogs will be this season, but look out for Erie. I would go so far as to say the path to victory will have to go through Pennsylvania... I'm sure Roger would agree.

Perhaps Erie will play at the Meridian Center this season if so, we should be able to watch at least one team who can put the puck in the next this winter.

I can say, Roger has “vision” if this season is a “snowflake” type of player year. I think he moved to Sweden once his CERB ran out.

Reactions: nelli27

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Heard last night on intermission of the Calgary-Montreal game the the OHL will be opening up for play April 10 in 4 bubble cities.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
When was the last time a wellness check was conducted on your Head Scout?
Embarrassing for the Org he is.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
whats the purpose of this post? thinking oshawa made out like bandits? haha not even close with all those 2nds that niagara got in return well worth the trade in a year oshawa will not benefit from
Niagara really are one of the bigger “winners” from that trade alone when it comes to buyers/sellers of the last 1.5 years. What did they get like 6 second round picks? And a 3rd? That’s a lot even if tomasino played 1.5 years in Oshawa. But for Oshawa to only see 26 games out of him without any postseason action is pill they will be swallowing for a few years. The player in that trade was a throw in because Oshawa has limited success with college commits but Niagara at least was willing to take a half swing

Reactions: sudburydinnerjacket

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Niagara really are one of the bigger “winners” from that trade alone when it comes to buyers/sellers of the last 1.5 years. What did they get like 6 second round picks? And a 3rd? That’s a lot even if tomasino played 1.5 years in Oshawa. But for Oshawa to only see 26 games out of him without any postseason action is pill they will be swallowing for a few years. The player in that trade was a throw in because Oshawa has limited success with college commits but Niagara at least was willing to take a half swing

That trade isn't done yet. Aidan Castle will be going to NIA and half of the picks OSH gave to NIA will be going back to OSH

So the trade will actually be something like Castle (rookie 1st rounder)+couple 2nds for Tomasino which is generally the same as most of the other Team Canada WJ players over the last handful of years.

It just was all the picks at the time so the Gens didn't have to trade away Brett Harrison, which would've been huge this year, but it didn't end up mattering obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad