NHL Team Rankings - The Hockey Writers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleatbloop

Aug 20, 2024
How are Oilers second?
They lost Foegele, McLeod, Holloway, Ceci and Broberg.

They will be lucky to make it to the wildcard.
Did you happen to see who we got to replace some of them?

Arvidsson >> Foegele
Skinner >> McLeod

Holloway and Broberg played the whole year in the AHL basically. Ceci is a detriment and most of the Oilers fanbase are happy he's gone as we have multiple players who are not any worse than him available to slot in there at 1/4 the salary.

The group is not any worse.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
This may be laughable but I don't think SJ or Anaheim will be that bad.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
I think the Oilers are worse. Their D is very weak at the moment, and I think their overall team speed has really taken a hit. Also their bottom six is pretty meh and so is their goaltending. However, they'll obviously be fine and they do have wiggle room to make changes. They can accrue cap space throughout the season by keeping Kane on regular IR, and then use that to acquire a bonafide top 4 D. If they do that, and then get Kane back, suddenly their bottom 6 and D look a whole lot better.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Canucks a tad too high. They’re in the mix in the top 10 group behind the top 4 (FLA, NYR, EDM, DAL) imo

Reactions: Coffees

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Canucks a tad too high. They’re in the mix in the top 10 group behind the top 4 (FLA, NYR, EDM, DAL) imo
Demko news must not be priced into these rankings. Canucks need a puck mover for their 2nd pair and a backup that can keep Silovs from melting down under too much pressure. They are better on forward though and that D will be tough to play against, even if they can't transition the puck past the 1st pair.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Nope, Canucks are too high, they are top 10 maybe

and I have some Canucks fans who will agree with me @LemonSauceD @Three On Zero @HockeyWooot
10 may be a little generous. They hit a home run with the forward signings, hit a single with the defensive rework and completely struck out with the Demko news.

Likely a playoff team but won’t do much damage with the current makeup. They’ll be exposed by speedy teams

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
10 may be a little generous. They hit a home run with the forward signings, hit a single with the defensive rework and completely struck out with the Demko news.

Likely a playoff team but won’t do much damage with the current makeup. They’ll be exposed by speedy teams
Came here to say something like this but maybe I'm wrong and Willander joins the canucks and solidifes himselfalong with about a handfull of toehr players ahving career seasons but that's highely unlikely.

If anything they could drop like a rock if Hughes misses any signifcant time and JT Miller Demko regress or miss time as Demko most likely will.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Thoughts?
Lazy, Florida's D core took a major hit. Two long cup runs, maybe by playoff time they will be strong because they made some moves but I dont think they are the best team in the league to start and I am a big fan. Oilers had a tough offseason in my opinion they lost their team identity, speed speed speed. Thats what made them good they got slower D core got worse. Skinner over Holloway is so bad for their identity. Foegel out, Mcleod out, Holloway out, Broberg out. They got alot slower. Arvidsson can move but he isnt as fast as any of those guys.

Do people really think the caps are good? Is Charlie Lindgren going to save them and play out of his mind? I dont see it I think they're going to regress to the teams talent level. That D core cant defend outside of Roy.

The Flyers are bad. The real version of that team showed up once the Tortorella effect wore off.

Last edited:

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I'm guessing the Bruins top 10 means its assumed they have a goaltender to start the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad